Phantis Forums

Panionios - Galatasaray

Irlandos

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from the uefa.com match backround:

• Nine games have been played between Greek and Turkish sides in UEFA club competition, with honours currently even. They have claimed three wins apiece with the remaining three games drawn.

This is a big game for greek pride! :gr:

2-1 panionios :gr:

this is a real big match for panionios. 1) statement in europe match. defeat a quality side and just about qualify for the next round. 2) recovery from paok drubbing.

this side has great up-side. if i supported panionios, i'd be worried or not even care...for years this club was a supermarket for other clubs for panionios players. absolutely nothing more disappointing than that...realizing your club will never reach anything because it sells it's best talent.

in recent years - panionios lost a tziolis, mantzios, fyssas, lagonikakis..skilled young players. now, panionios has a new crop of skilled young players: spyropoulos, maniatis, aravidis, makos, kumordzi and djibour. lots of rumors already circulating about all that young talent and transfers..

it would really hurt if panionios started selling these players off.

good luck, i certainly think panionios can win..no major mistakes of passion in the first 20-25 minutes and panionios will win.

Good analysis.

Gondoulakis and the Kerkyra transfer Skoufalis are pretty good players as well.

Panionios right now is a top 5 or top 6 team in the SL. The only thing holding them back is their weak CB and their propensity to give up soft goals. Other than that, they play as good of a brand of soccer as most anyone in the SL.

Wow, I'm not used to seeing this many posts in the Panionios section!

I think we can win tonight. We were very unlucky not to win in Helsinborgs, and the Swedes have proved that Galatasaray can be beaten. If we can show the kind of form we've been showing in Nea Smyrni this season, then I honestly think we can do it. We just need Dejebour to pop up with some more goals.

I'm really excited about the game. Really hope we can win. And I'm actually flying to Vienna next week to watch the next game!

Go go Panthers!

Wow, I'm not used to seeing this many posts in the Panionios section!

I think we can win tonight. We were very unlucky not to win in Helsinborgs, and the Swedes have proved that Galatasaray can be beaten. If we can show the kind of form we've been showing in Nea Smyrni this season, then I honestly think we can do it. We just need Dejebour to pop up with some more goals.

I'm really excited about the game. Really hope we can win. And I'm actually flying to Vienna next week to watch the next game!

Go go Panthers!

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

ALL HAIL UKCHRIS

ALL HAIL PANIONIO

Archived