Irlandos

By the end of this campaign Cyprus' record will be:

Played: 10

Won: 8

Drawn: 0

Lost: 2

In case you're wondering we'll lose the 2 games against Georgia! :tup: :gr:

Hahaha.

Cyprus has a slight chance to qualify, which is something we have never been able to say about them. I really hope they battle it out and finally qualify for a major tournament.

All joking aside I can't see it happening re file. If we continue to improve at the rate we are then we may have a (very) outside chance of finishing 2nd. BUT, we would then have to play in the play-offs so that would be over. The best Cyprus can hope for is to continue building coefficiant points until we can be in a position to qualify for a European Championships. The structure of the World Cup qualifying (2nd teams in play-offs) prevents Cyprus from ever having a realistic chance of qualifying. The ONLY way that could happen is if Cyprus are inspired enough to finish 2nd then are drawn with a surprise qualifier (like Israel, or Finland, etc). That's just clutching at straws though.

My aim is to finish 3rd in this group.

I will also say that I have seen Montenegro and they are a very strong small side so they will be a big threat to everyone in this group. If you take Italy out of the equation who would qualify with a B' team I think this will be an exciting group.

Truly, a competitve group!

The only prediction I will make is that Italy will run away with first place. The Republic look good for 2nd place but Cyprus may play spoiler there.

An oddity: the flags of the top 4 countries have green and white in them which is a rarity in Europe!

Kaiafas is my cousin, haha. But Cyprus can possibly get 2nd. We have Ireland's number, and Bulgaria is beatable. Buckle up, Kypraioi, we just might be joining the Ellines in South Africa!

• 9 months later...

Its a shame Cyprus' group didn't end up being easier; they really have an uphill battle and its a long shot. They're a team that can pull off an upset every now and then against major teams. But this is football and anything is possible. It would be great though to see Greece and Cyprus advance to a Euro or a WC. We'll then have 2 teams to root for! Ha!

Truly, a competitve group!

The only prediction I will make is that Italy will run away with first place. The Republic look good for 2nd place but Cyprus may play spoiler there.

An oddity: the flags of the top 4 countries have green and white in them which is a rarity in Europe!

imo Ireland will finish 2nd from bottom in this group, apart from Georgia they're the weakest team in the group.

Imo, the group will finish like this:

Italy

Bulgaria

Cyprus

Montenegro

Ireland

Georgia

Archived