Phantis Forums

Cyprus vs Czech Rep

DUDE

If we get a win and Wales don't win in Germany then we will finish 3rd in the group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :gr: :gr: :gr:

In the away game we lost 1-0 but missed a host of easy chances (3 of them fell to Okkas). In all honesty I think we will win this game. 2-1. :gr: :gr:

Wait! The Czechs also missed chances in the first game. The only prediction I'll make is OVER 3 goals.

Yes but you'd expect that from the Czechs at home. To use the old cliche it was a game of 2 halves. In the first the Czechs dominated, but it was as if the Cypriots didn't have self-belief. In the 2nd, it was all Cyprus and God only knows how we didn't score. Okkas missed 3 HUGE chances, 2 in particular were sitters!! He did so well to get to those positions too. At one point he did 2 kick-ups to lift it over the challenge of a defender and from 9 yards blasted it over the bar! Cyprus are very different proposition at home, and obviously it won't be easy, but I think we have to get a win.

From UEFA.com

Cyprus coach Angelos Anastasiadis keeps believing as his team prepare to play Group D leaders Czech Republic in Nicosia on Wednesday, knowing a win could secure a third-placed finish. "We have a very difficult game against the Czechs who are leading the group," he said. "It is the Virgin Mary who has brought us this far, to the point of playing for a win and third place."

Kai makari na mas xana voi8isei h Panagia mas.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

he said. "It is the Virgin Mary who has brought us this far, to the point of playing for a win and third place.

nothing to do with the players then. what a ridiculous quote
Anastasiadis is known for being a very religious man and always thanks God. He also always praises his players and he's very popular among the Cypriot players and fans. I hope he extends his contract.

Archived