Phantis Forums

Choutos To Panionios

pao123

Great news!!!!!! Hopefully he can rediscover his early-career form and be a great asset for the Superleague. If Panionios are still in the UEFA Cup after Christmas, he could be a great addition there too. Also, does he have a future for the NT? Who knows, will be great to see how he progresses though.

:tup: wooowww :tup:

thats a good pick up. Panionios is on there way to become a small threat in the SL. I belive Choutos will be a good asset to panionios and gain lost form if he gets alota playing time. To answer the question about the ethniki, i doubt hell get back, not unless he plays incredible. Im pretty positive that he wont get in before euro 2008.

so does this mean that he can play before january? Or does he have to wait becase that announcment makes it sound as though he can play tommorw?

He signed today and will start practicing with his new team but he will be eligible to play January 1,thats the day that the winter transfer period begins.

It says a lot of the ambitions of the panthires if they can lure such a "big star" like Choutos! ;)

Seriously, it may be a good move for both player and club.

I was a big fan of his but his father acting like his pimp and manager put big ideas into his son's head - that he was too big for the Greek league etc etc etc. Hopefully things work out and maybe he will be in the NT after the Euro next year.

• 4 months later...

hes actually been scoring.....

his 2nd goal today was pretty nice - but still VERY selfish... If I was a coach I would have bitched him out over that.... was a 100% goal if he passed over to the guy with the open net.....did well to finish but if it wasnt 3-0 already thats just the wrong thing to do...

his 2nd goal today was pretty nice - but still VERY selfish... If I was a coach I would have bitched him out over that.... was a 100% goal if he passed over to the guy with the open net.....did well to finish but if it wasnt 3-0 already thats just the wrong thing to do...

I know he's been getting goals but how's his general performance been?

As for the goal, you can't blame him for that. All top strikers would have gone it alone in that situation. Great forwards don't believe they'll miss. ;)

As for the goal, you can't blame him for that. All top strikers would have gone it alone in that situation. Great forwards don't believe they'll miss. ;)

Xoutos has been on the rejected Italia and Mallorca tour - hes NOT a GREAT or TOP striker at all come on. The guy has been 5 years on the dregs of football benches and when he scores goals for Panionios hes a top forward? Its a good finish, but that finish doesnt always happen, when the pass to the open man always does, being selfish.

Here is a truly GREAT striker and what he does in a similar play but the keeper confronted him much earlier:

http://www.goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp...p?ID=6317&Ln=En

Xoutos has been on the rejected Italia and Mallorca tour - hes NOT a GREAT or TOP striker at all come on. The guy has been 5 years on the dregs of football benches and when he scores goals for Panionios hes a top forward? Its a good finish, but that finish doesnt always happen, when the pass to the open man always does, being selfish.

Here is a truly GREAT striker and what he does in a similar play but the keeper confronted him much earlier:

http://www.goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp...p?ID=6317&Ln=En

I'm not saying he is a top striker, but he believes he is. A striker needs confidence and self-belief. Would Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Drogba, etc have passed? Strikers want goals. I understand what you're saying, but he did score and it was such a lovely finish that if he said "I'd do it again, and I wouldn't miss" you couldn't argue with him.

yes i could argue with him.

scoring run with Panionios doesnt mean you dont pass on the sure goal.

that video I showed you was of Etoo, who is a world class striker.

And Ronaldo would definitley have passed, Drogba too. These guys are pros, they dont screw around.

Choutos is not close, not going to ever be as good as them.

Sure confidence is great, but hes always been too cocky and thats not going to help anything. Everyone spoke of his talent but he managed to not to go anywhere.

Maybe if this continues OSFP will buy him again I wont be surprised if not AEK.

But he already got a goal, and when a player is that achingly open, the teams goal is more important than the individual. I think a good manager would warn him about that.

It was already 3-1 so its excusable.....but under other circumstances he deserves to be 'chewed out' by his coaches - that wont always go in no matter if your Choutos, Lua Lua, Salpiggidis or even players like Etoo and Raul.....

To credit Lambros Choutos though - he seemed to be a total loser for years (and was) but all along he might be meant to be a leading superleague striker for a smaller team like Panionios.... So he might have something left to show of his career yet...

What he should have done was stay in Greece until he got FULL regular time and then gone abroad and be taken more seriously and be better prepared...

Archived