Phantis Forums

NETMED to bid for SuperLeague rights

This might be a good thing...

They might make a channel dedicated to the Greek Super League and make it available to viewers outside of Greece eg. USA, Australia etc...

Be careful what you wish for Kolossos,

I am happy with things as they are now, we get quite a few games now between ANT1 & ERT World plus now ANT1 has coverage of the Greek Cup, why would you want a dedicated channel showing all the games?!

Do you want a Setanta Sports-type scenario where we will have to pay premium prices in order to watch some soccer? I don't want to pay $15. a month or whatever they wil feel like charging and the more money they pay for the rights the more money we will have to pay for this dedicated channel you want. Don't give them any ideas, compared to before when all we had was highlights of matches on the news, things are great, don't rock the boat my friend.

I was going to mention the sale but mk21 beat me to it. I think they are just going after the soccer to help increase the value of the asset- meaning the NOVA satellite platform. They currently have exclusive deals will all the major movie studios for their filmnet service, now they are looking to get exclusive rights to the Super League, that will surely increase the value of the company.

:gr:

They might make a channel dedicated to the Greek Super League and make it available to viewers outside of Greece eg. USA, Australia etc...

Well they tried that in the past, when Netmed had the exclusive rights to the A Division games. Together with Antenna they offered the whole package on pay per view for $ 350. I think it was a complete failure. Main reason was that the season before that Antenna was showing all their games as part of their regular Antenna Satellite programming. I guess not too many people wanted to pay additional $ 350. I know I did not order it.

Well they tried that in the past, when Netmed had the exclusive rights to the A Division games. Together with Antenna they offered the whole package on pay per view for $ 350. I think it was a complete failure. Main reason was that the season before that Antenna was showing all their games as part of their regular Antenna Satellite programming. I guess not too many people wanted to pay additional $ 350. I know I did not order it.
Ok I never knew this as it never happened to us here in Australia

I was just thinking how other countries have dedicated sports channels for there country's league eg I know of the turks that have LigTV and other countries also

• 2 weeks later...

Todays cover of Wra Gia Spor says that Netmed got the rights for 150M Euro and that the agreement starts as of next season. I haven't read it anywhere else and judging by that publications accuracy in the past, I wouldn't put much stock in the article.

Archived