Phantis Forums

Socratis Papastathopoulos

george21

It would (or at least should) mean serious money for AEK though ...

Wenger's not known for paying big money for youngsters and Greek teams are not known for holding out on transfers. He'll end up going for a couple of million pounds. Then he'll become one of the world's best defenders and AEK wouldn't have benefited from it. <_<

WOW! Talk about having the world at your feet. If he has a choice Man Utd will probably mould him into a better defender, but he'll get more playing time at Arsenal because when Gallas or Toure are out Senderos comes in, and he's s%$#!!

At Weder he might get immediate playing time and prosper from that, while at Juve he'll work with some of the best defensive coaches in the world. Could you imagine Juve buy him and Torosidis? :whistle: I'll be buying 2 Juve shirts (home and away) with each name on them! :gr:

• 3 weeks later...

Sokratis just added a suberb performance against Fiorentina

if all those scouts decided to spend a cold night on the OAKA stands I am sure we are very close to receiving some very juicy offers that we wont be able to fight off ...

I just hope he stays on at AEK till he is even better and that he makes a good choise that wont harm his career (like going to a team and end up as a loaned player to a smaller division etc.... )

He is a very good player

Well done Sokrati!

Great topic, but why the heck isn't this kid starting every match? Are you telling me he isn't better than Alves or Dellas?

Play the kid. For that matter, play all the youngsters more often. Kone, Pliatsikas, Bourbos, and Pappas.

For the last time, Bourbos is neither young nor worthy of any playing time.

he is definitly a great player...wouldnt mind seeing him in Switzerland/Austria this summer.....

i hate Man U but i think its a good place for him...although Arsenal are definitly the best team in developing teenage players....

dont think hed get time in Juve, dont see him at Werder....

he is definitly a great player...wouldnt mind seeing him in Switzerland/Austria this summer.....

i hate Man U but i think its a good place for him...although Arsenal are definitly the best team in developing teenage players....

dont think hed get time in Juve, dont see him at Werder....

Arsenal develop youngsters well but not centrebacks... Cygan, Tavlaridis, Stepanovs, Matthew Upson, Senderos, etc. Are all players that either completely F***ed up their careers at Arsenal or never fulfilled their potential. And with Toure and Gallas being one of the leagues best partnerships Papastathopoulos won't be getting any first team football any time soon.

Man Utd would be a better move regarding his development but with relatively young centrebacks in the class of Vidic, Ferdinand, and Wes Brown, one has to wonder how long it would be before he gets a chance.

Perhaps the best of all the moves for his development is Juve. Italians always produce wonderful defenders. But Italian teams have a reputation for letting foreign talents rot in their reserves.

At Weder Bremen he would get playing time and would get the benefit of German coaches (look at the good it's done Kyriakos!). So if I was his agent that's where I'd be advising him to go.

if he goes villarreal, hopefully aek and villarreal can make a deal and let aek win there uefa cup encounter so aek can progress to the next stage..

i watch a lot of english football and i believe if he leaves he should go to arsenal, arsenal play beautiful soccer, and if u look at there young talent, they know how to get them play to there full potential. i say go to arsenal

• 3 weeks later...

Archived