Phantis Forums

Aris-Red Star

DUDE

Big game for Aris this week (probably the biggest!). Aris have to win to have any realistic hopes of qualifying and this game is fraught with connections. There is the Olympiakos-Red Star connection so they'll be some added spice I'm sure. Also, Bajevic is up against the club that let him go unceremoniously last season.

With a fantastic atmosphere to urge the team on, I'm going for a typical Bajevic style performance & result:

ARIS 1 - 0 RED STAR.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aris have been awarded the easiest possible schedule for a group like theirs. Up to them to see their club through.

In any case, GOOD LUCK ARIS!!! :)

I said from the start that I thought Aris would qualify from this group. To do that they'll have to win their home game. If they create an atmosphere at home like Oly did last night, and away the way they did in Zaragoza they have nothing to worry about. Imo, this game can go in 3 ways:

1-0

1-1

0-1

I'm predicting a 1-0 to Aris, but Red Star are not a s%$#! team and they'll be hurting over the way they lost 2 Bayern (were 2-1 up then Bayern scored 2 goals in injury time to win 2-3!) So they will play with a lot passion and heart.

Looks like it was PAOK fans who were the attackers due to the rivalry between Olympiakos/Red Star and PAOK/Partizan. It also could stem from last year's basketball match between PAOK and Red Star in Thessaloniki when the fights broke out.

Shock news from elsewhere in Aris' group...

BAYERN MUNICH 0 - 1 BOLTON!!!! 9 mins gone.

Bolton have left out numerous first team players but have gone with a big strong line up and they have been terrific so far!! If things carry on like this Bayern will lose this game!! This result could blow this group wide open. Aris has to win tonight!

Looks like it was PAOK fans who were the attackers due to the rivalry between Olympiakos/Red Star and PAOK/Partizan. It also could stem from last year's basketball match between PAOK and Red Star in Thessaloniki when the fights broke out.

Let's blame fans of another team without even having a shred of evidence on who commited the crimes. When the police arrest the people, and when you get concrete proof who commited the crimes, than you can place the blame. Until then stamatate to paramythi.

And this goes for the presidents of certain teams as well as managers of certain teams, who were all over the radio today blaming fans of another team from Thessaloniki who were involved, but not naming the team by name.

The worst thing of all was the government run TV ET-3 openly blaming PAOK fans for the incident, when even the police does have anybody in custody.

"Ellas, i xora tis p*****as". How true this chant is these days.

Let's blame fans of another team without even having a shred of evidence on who commited the crimes. When the police arrest the people, and when you get concrete proof who commited the crimes, than you can place the blame. Until then stamatate to paramythi.

And this goes for the presidents of certain teams as well as managers of certain teams, who were all over the radio today blaming fans of another team from Thessaloniki who were involved, but not naming the team by name.

The worst thing of all was the government run TV ET-3 openly blaming PAOK fans for the incident, when even the police does have anybody in custody.

"Ellas, i xora tis p*****as". How true this chant is these days.

File I understand what you're saying but not having anyone in custody doesn't mean the authorities don't know who committed the crime. If the people that attacked them were wearing PAOK attire then eye witnesses would know that it was them It isn't necessary to have anyone in custody. Also, it makes sense following Red Star's attack of the PAOK fans in the basketball match last year. We all know that Greek fans are prone to violent clashes, do you really think PAOK would take that lying down? A revenge attack was inevitable. Even if not from PAOK, a problem with Aris fans could easily emerge because of Red Star's links with Olympiakos. So whether it was PAOK, Aris, or whoever, I blame the footballing authorities, namely Aris' board for giving Red Star tickets.

From what I hear, it was masked men who pulled the attack. Sounds like common criminals, possibly Kossovo Albanians (just a guess)

Cunts!

Gera ARH!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone watching the game? If so can we have some updates please?

:gr:

po po..in the interest of not startling greek & serbian grandmothers baking cookies together....let's blame albanians.

those must have been albanians too in belgrade that attacked greek fans.

i hope aris smoke these clowns.

I know you try and argue that there's some sort of eternal rivalry between Greeks and Serbs but that just isn't the case. I too think it was probably PAOK fans but the possibility of it being Albanians in Northern Greece cannot be ruled out. The fact is we simply don't know, everyone is speculating. Until there is further evidence or further episodes (God forbid), let's just stick to the game at hand.

Archived