Phantis Forums

Damianos

Seeing as no one has opened this topic i thought id start it.

AEK starts its Greek Cup campaign, obviously hoping to do better than last year. Although everyone says it is hard to compete in lots of competition and expect success (Super League, Uefa Cup and Greek Cup) i feel AEK can go a long way and possibly even win it. The reason for his is that we have decent squad depth (even though some people disagree) for competitions like this. We have lots of players who are young or have just recovered from injury that are really hungry to prove themselves to Ferrer: Alexopoulos, Pappas, Kapetanos, Azcarate, Lagos, Kone (sort of), Diouf (maybe a little early), Georgeas (when fit), Hetemaj and Pavlis.

Our opponent for our first outing is Fostiras, based in Tavros, Athens, and was founded in 1926. If i am right the game will be played at Rizoupoli.

Similarly they wear Yellow and Black, so seeing as we are the away team it looks like we will be wearing the white strip again (which i didnt mind too much, but lets be honest, its not AEK). They competed in the 'A' division back in the 60s and 70s but got relegated to division 'D' due to financial difficulties (sounds almost very similar to AEK).

At the moment they are 11th in Group 1, division 'C', so you would expect there to be no problem for AEK. But, as often seen all over the world, there are little clubs that are dubbed Giant Killers, so AEK will have to make sure they arent complacent, especially with the predicted changes to the starting line up.

Im am actually really looking forward to this game (if i can watch it on the net) because i would love to see some of our injured or younger players get a game and show there worth. In particular i would like to see Lagos, Hetemaj, Pappas and Pavlis in action. A good game could get them a show against Iraklis on the weekend.

Also, i read that the game will be covered by ANT1. Is this correct?? I have been looking for links on the internet for the game but havent found any so far. If anyone finds any could they please post here.

Hopefully it will be a good game for AEK. I will say we will win 2-0. Not sure who will score, because im not sure who will play. But i would like to see Pappas on the score card. It will be interesting who will be in goals!!! Morretto because he is less likely to play throughout the season. Macho, to get him ready for the Iraklis game (he has missed the last 2 games) or will Arabatzis get a taste of the action??

Anyways, discuss away, what are your thoughts on the game.

AEK really has had a busy schedule this season so far.

:nw: LONG LIVE AEK :nw:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whell as we all can remember last years fiasco agains Haidari i think that we will come out on top of this one. It is not going to be easy but i think we will win 2-0. Let's put Lago in and maybe Georgea also!!

But, as often seen all over the world, there are little clubs that are dubbed Giant Killers, so AEK will have to make sure they arent complacent, especially with the predicted changes to the starting line up.

Was that written by accident??? In the early 1960s that WAS the nickname of Fostiras. Hopefully, this year, our lads will play the game we all know they can play with no let downs.

Fostir - AEK 1-3 ;)

But, as often seen all over the world, there are little clubs that are dubbed Giant Killers, so AEK will have to make sure they arent complacent, especially with the predicted changes to the starting line up.

Was that written by accident??? In the early 1960s that WAS the nickname of Fostiras. Hopefully, this year, our lads will play the game we all know they can play with no let downs.

Fostir - AEK 1-3 ;)

The actuall name/title/nickname of Fostiras was FONEAS TON (i can not remember if it was Giganton or Megalon)but i am 100% sure for the Foneas part.Even though Olympiakos has a 11-0 victory against them back in the 70s. B) Anyhow a see a 0-3 for AEK.

I am a little confused what channel it will be shown on. From what ive read they said it would be shown on:

Ant1

and

Ant1 Sat

I hope this is true!!! Hopefully a link appears on the internet soon!!!

I hear Rivaldo was injured for 2-3 weeks with a strained calf??? Is this true???

After having looked around myself a bit, I can tell you that the game will not be shown on ANT1 (in Greece at least, I don't know about other countries, maybe they do show it on ANT1 Satellite) but on ALPHA.

Please take a look here to see what I mean :).

Should there be any changes I'll let you know asap.

I heard the game is on at 18:00 Greek time??

Is this true??

If that is so it means it will be 1 oclock in the morning in Western Australia??

Cheers

Only one day away now. I wonder if Olympiakos will rest players tonight against Larisa, or wear them out even more???? I know AEK will give some of the 2nd string players a run!!!!

BRAVO AEK

I heard the game is on at 18:00 Greek time??

Is this true??

If that is so it means it will be 1 oclock in the morning in Western Australia??

Cheers

Well, according to that page I just posted a link to, it's 17:45. But the game itsself should indeed start at 18:00.

To know what that means in Australian time, check this.

Archived