Phantis Forums

Silly Austria Wien

ukchris

So, having already booked my flight to Vienna for the Austria Wien v Panionios game in December, I rang Austria Wien this morning, because today's the day they said tickets were going onsale (and they said I'd be able to buy tickets for the Panionios section). I won't be in Athens before December, so it made sense to buy the ticket from them, and then pick it up when I'm there.

Having got put through to the ticket office, I asked the man if tickets were now onsale. "Yes, they are," he said. So I asked if I could buy a ticket for the Panionios section. "Yes," he said, "but you'll have to buy one for our game with Bordeaux too."

Obviously I replied that I'm only coming to Vienna for the Panionios game and that I don't want a ticket for their game with Bordeaux. "That's how it is," said the man. "You can only buy tickets for both of our home matches together."

"That's crazy," I said.

"That's how it is," he said.

"What would I do with my Bordeaux ticket?" I asked

"I suppose you could sell it," he said.

"That's crazy," I said.

Luckily, I managed to get through to someone at Panionios who was extremely helpful and said that even if I have to go to the Panthers' team hotel to pick up a ticket from them, they'll make sure I get one.

That is one of the stupiest things i have ever heard.In order for u to get the ticket for the game u want,you had to get a ticket for another of their games??? :blink: That is totally insane......thank god the people from Panionios will be able to hook you up.

this is something done frequently in america when a team is hurting at the box office.

hmmm, i'd say the viennese have it right (from the corporate stand point). this is what you have to do when ticket sales are slow. off the top, though, i would have assumed that demand is expected to be much higher for wien x bordeaux match, and if you want a ticket for the wien x bordeaux match- you'd be stuck also having to buy a ticket for the 'ugly' competition from greece, panionios, not the other way around.

Yeah, I can understand them doing it for the Vienna supporters - but to have the same rule for the away supporters section is ridiculous!

If all the Panionios fans did buy a ticket for both games, does that mean no Bordeaux fans would be able to go?!

I agree!

What a "nice" idea... :blink:

In Austria there is an advertising slogan which is said to describe our capital as being unique. "Wien ist anders", which means "vienna is different".... Actually, they are right. Vienna is definitely different than the rest of Austria.

Your case may serve as a valid example! :LOL:

• 1 month later...

So, having already booked my flight to Vienna for the Austria Wien v Panionios game in December, I rang Austria Wien this morning, because today's the day they said tickets were going onsale (and they said I'd be able to buy tickets for the Panionios section). I won't be in Athens before December, so it made sense to buy the ticket from them, and then pick it up when I'm there.

Having got put through to the ticket office, I asked the man if tickets were now onsale. "Yes, they are," he said. So I asked if I could buy a ticket for the Panionios section. "Yes," he said, "but you'll have to buy one for our game with Bordeaux too."

Obviously I replied that I'm only coming to Vienna for the Panionios game and that I don't want a ticket for their game with Bordeaux. "That's how it is," said the man. "You can only buy tickets for both of our home matches together."

"That's crazy," I said.

"That's how it is," he said.

"What would I do with my Bordeaux ticket?" I asked

"I suppose you could sell it," he said.

"That's crazy," I said.

Luckily, I managed to get through to someone at Panionios who was extremely helpful and said that even if I have to go to the Panthers' team hotel to pick up a ticket from them, they'll make sure I get one.

Clearly this is all in the past now Chris!

You came - you saw- you conquered! :tup:

Archived