Phantis Forums

Olympiakos 4-1 Panionios

ukchris

"Olympiakos Piraeus warmed up for a Champions League clash at Real Madrid next week with a 4-1 home victory over UEFA Cup hopefuls Panionios.

Olympiakos made a perfect start at the Karaiskakis Stadium when Lomana LuaLua put them ahead after just six minutes. They dominated the remainder of the half but failed to score again, although Darko Kovacevic did have a close range header brilliantly saved by Panionios goalkeeper Dario Kresic.

Panionios, who face Helsingborg in their UEFA Cup Group H opener on Thursday, equalised when Rafik Djebbour converted a penalty but Olympiakos took charge again and eased to victory.

Kovacevic restored the lead in the 64th minute and 10 minutes later Ieroklis Stoltidis made it 3-1. Nine minutes from time Luciano Galletti added a fourth from the penalty spot."

Oh well. At least Djebbour got another goal.

Lua Lua used to work in my local McDonalds in East London. I also saw him playing for Colchester against my English team, York City, a couple of times. Glad he seems to be doing well out there (although I'd rather he wasn't scoring against Panionios).

"Olympiakos Piraeus warmed up for a Champions League clash at Real Madrid next week with a 4-1 home victory over UEFA Cup hopefuls Panionios.

Olympiakos made a perfect start at the Karaiskakis Stadium when Lomana LuaLua put them ahead after just six minutes. They dominated the remainder of the half but failed to score again, although Darko Kovacevic did have a close range header brilliantly saved by Panionios goalkeeper Dario Kresic.

Panionios, who face Helsingborg in their UEFA Cup Group H opener on Thursday, equalised when Rafik Djebbour converted a penalty but Olympiakos took charge again and eased to victory.

Kovacevic restored the lead in the 64th minute and 10 minutes later Ieroklis Stoltidis made it 3-1. Nine minutes from time Luciano Galletti added a fourth from the penalty spot."

Oh well. At least Djebbour got another goal.

Lua Lua used to work in my local McDonalds in East London. I also saw him playing for Colchester against my English team, York City, a couple of times. Glad he seems to be doing well out there (although I'd rather he wasn't scoring against Panionios).

well said sir :tup: :tup:

Archived