Phantis Forums

Rep. Ireland vs Cyprus

DUDE

Following our 5-2 demolition of these punks in Cyprus they started reigning in the excuses (typical Brits gamoto), now Robbie Keane has promised revenge because we were showing off apparently in the first leg.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,120...2800859,00.html

Kevin Doyle has also promised to set right what says was a very disappointing performance. I'd love it if we beat them again, to be honest though I can't see it happening. They are a good side at home and we don't travel well. On top of that, Konstantinou & Alonefti are out too. They will want to humiliate us though so I hope our players go into the game motivated so we don't come across another Slovakia-style, or even Wales-style (away) game.

Having said all this, Ireland are all about 2 things. Robbie Keane, & a high-British tempo game. Control those 2 things and we can beat them. If we do manage a victory will be in 3rd spot with a game in hand over Ireland. Remember all this is important for the points system which will be valid for the World Cup draw.

P.S. For those that haven't seen the goals from the Wales game:

:gr:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnrMyYSN0k

Cyprus do not travel well. Add the absences of Konstantinou (injury) and Aloneftis (cards) and you will not get a good picture of this game. Oddsmakers here are giving only 2/7 for an Eire win. On the plus side are the erratic results of a very unsteady Republic team.

Good luck in any case to Cyprus. :)

PS. Are you sure about your link, DUDE? :huh:

P.S. For those that haven't seen the goals from the Wales game:

[/b][/color] :gr:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnrMyYSN0k

I hope Cyprus goes and repeats the first game score so they can stop play macho and revengefull.... :box: :box:

By the way DUDE,your link brings this error up:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sportfive

that welsh commentary is really beautiful. what a language!!

:LOL:
I could only get,maybe 2-3 words from the whole time the video was playing..was that english-welsh or chinese-welsh???? :la:

Nice goals tho and thank you bides for the video. :tup:

that welsh commentary is really beautiful. what a language!!

:LOL:
I could only get,maybe 2-3 words from the whole time the video was playing..was that english-welsh or chinese-welsh???? :la:

Nice goals tho and thank you bides for the video. :tup:

The only words I could get were the players' names!!!

Wow, that sucked ass. What a bunch of malakes. Could have made this day great but instead gave into the pressure. Cyprus' road struggles continue.

But the bigger and more important victory was Greece!

Malekes not my friend this team made us proud one fo there best performances in the history of Cypriot football away from home..We missed some great oppurtunites to bury the game 4 clear cut chances to win..The ref killed us at the end with the late fouls.Annastiades was fuming brutal offeciating!! Oh well great result non the less!! Bravo Kypros Brave Ellas!!! Konstantinou and Aloneftis did not play two of our biggest weapons we have a bright future with this team..Hopefully Aggelos stays on we need him!!!!

Wow, that sucked ass. What a bunch of malakes. Could have made this day great but instead gave into the pressure. Cyprus' road struggles continue.

But the bigger and more important victory was Greece!

Malekes not my friend this team made us proud one fo there best performances in the history of Cypriot football away from home..We missed some great oppurtunites to bury the game 4 clear cut chances to win..The ref killed us at the end with the late fouls.Annastiades was fuming brutal offeciating!! Oh well great result non the less!! Bravo Kypros Brave Ellas!!! Konstantinou and Aloneftis did not play two of our biggest weapons we have a bright future with this team..Hopefully Aggelos stays on we need him!!!!
True but the refereeing was VERY bad. Their equalizer in the 93rd min came from a foul by Robbie Keane. That's why Elia went mad at the ref and he got sent off for it. Sorry if it sounds like a case of soure grapes but Cyprus were robbed! We'd be in 3rd now with a game in hand over Ireland! Disgusting officiating!!!

Archived