Phantis Forums

IF Elfsborg - AEK

aekmafia21

Lack luster from aek just not an excuse missing players you may be able to get away with crappy games in tehe sl an win ,but in europe man if you do that you will get punished even with the likes of elfsborg with dosent really role of your tongue , agreed that some players need to start producing like ensaliwa what happend to him with panionios he was scoring araba.... hasent done jack s#$$, BLANCO 4 GAMES AND COUNTING WITH OUT A GOAL.

I can go on and on wake up and smarten up aek

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lesson for us all we must never underestimate any one in europe even the minnows once and a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut ...............................!!!!

AEK BETTER PLAY THERE ASSES OFF IN XANTHI BECAUSE I AM RUNNING OUT OF EXCUSES FOR AEKS PERFORMANCES THIS YEAR 5 GAMES IN AND STILL HAVENT GELED , THINK ABOUT IT GUYS.

Ok we got the draw but we could have lost this game or even win it. We played with allot of players that have not play allot of games and most of them it was there first time playing together. It's ok i like the draw but i am not happy about it. We have to look at our next game and hope we get the 3 points. The good about today is that Fiorentina and Villareal tie so we are all tie in the group with 1 point. So we are still in this!!!!!!

i just wonder if ferrer actually underestimated elfsborg and thought he could squeak out a win with a b line-up, ev opsh of the xanthi match. i say this because ferrer and demi know this, don't blow the greek league and a 2008-2009 champion's league appearance for a victory in sweden.

the money from the CL is important & critical to this side to add the depth it currently lacks.

Ferrer's main objective is to win the championship...thats it. if he was serious about guaranteeing a win today he would have played the experienced players.

CL money will help buy players and win championships and cups which is what the people want.. AEK's most realistic and most attainable goal is the SL and Cup not the UEFA Cup. Xanthi's match is more critical than any of the UEFA games so Ferrer could not risk a critical injury.

i believe the reason for ferrer resting all the older players is because he is concentrating on the superleague... that is our main priority AS IT SHOULD BE. AEK will not win the uefa cup this year so fair enough to rest the big name players because we do have a tough game this weekend.

i think that ferrer thinks if we can progress in the uefa cup it is a bonus as our main competition this year is superleague

as for the game, we were lucky to draw so we got a point, which helps greece's coeffs, not a lot but it does help.

AEKMAFIA, relax about blanco, u cant expect him to score every game, he hasnt scored in 3-4 games who cares, he will be fine. get off his back. too much negativity coming from you

as far as a lack of passion..you may be right. my only answer is: let's not confuse a lack of talent for a lack of passion or tsambouka.

good point. i have to say i was fairly disappointed after seeing the game. the swedish team was decent but the sort of team pao would beat with their second team. given the game we were extremely lucky not to have lost 3-1. we had a good speel of football for about 10 minutes in the second half, were i did like what i saw and thought that we would take the three points but apart from that the performance was ridicilously weak.

the #2 'keeper started. the 2 centerbacks had an average age of 21, i believe. the right fullback was rested and we played a forward as right fullback. out of those 5 positions, we only had 1 player with relevant euro experience, arroub.

the flipside is that moretto is more of an 1b than a number 2 and actually had a very good game. papastathopoulos has played CL and is an importan player for aek and alves is our starting CB. so itrs not like we fielded a b team. bourbos was the only experiment by ferrer that obviously didnt work. he didnt look good as the swedes scored and was our weak link.

as far as 5 in the midfield, we only saw 1 player that was playing in his usual/most comfortable position, cesar. manduca played in ribo's position, and i agree with aekmafia and his scary demi avatar about manu. toszer & n'saliwa...well...kinda sounds like tosser & in saliva.

still i would say that by aek standards thats a good midfield. plus manu, cesar, nsaliwa and toszer played their positions and are for the most part aek starters.

right here, right now, the side doesn't have depth and it showed today. 1-1 isn't all bad considering all of this.

i would liked to deny this but given yesterdays game you are right.

i just wonder if ferrer actually underestimated elfsborg and thought he could squeak out a win with a b line-up, ev opsh of the xanthi match. i say this because ferrer and demi know this, don't blow the greek league and a 2008-2009 champion's league appearance for a victory in sweden

its probably like you guys say. the focus is on the greek league. rightfully so but then whats the point of playing in the uefa? i mean there is money to be made in uefa too, aek can add valuable points to their uefa coefficient and its something special for the fans. i am still somewhat gutted by the way aek tossed away the uefa cup home game against a psg b team last season. perhaps a victory there would have made us a seeded team in this years cl qualifying.

i dont really think he underestimated elfsborg. i just believe he somehow didnt care much for the game and saw it more of a training game. i just feel sorry for aek fans actually traveling to see the game.

given that logic by our people ion charge it would be good to go out of the greek cup on our first opportunity, so we can concentrate on the greek league exclusively. sorry but thats not my football philosophy.

i am willing to give aek all the time they need to form a team that can actually compete BUT i really disagree with the way we seem to approach uefa cup games. perhaps there is still much bitterness in me from last seasons psg fiasco, where we let a psg b-team kill us in athens. similar story in yesterdays game. i don t have a problem with a draw. i do have a problem though being totally outplayed by elfsborg and just by sheer luck avoid a 3-0 bashing! i dont like aek being the one greek team that plays horrible in europe. i mean these international games can give the team and young players an enormous boost, why do we throw it away.

having said that i understand your position and ferrers thoughts. it s probably the more sensible thing to do. but lets bear in mind the greek champ will have to go to 3 rd round cl qualification if i am correct. this means we could well face a team like sevilla again and head straight to uefa cup once more.

concerning your questions:

1.) i rate pappas and was happy to see him play. his goal was very good. hope he gets more playing time.

2.) very difficult. what i know is ferrer prefers cesar over lagos. this could mean that he will play lagos on the right side which he has done in the past. what we see though is that ferrer will have a wealth of options once the injured players return. probably he would go for a 4-4-2 with cesar and manduca wide, zikos or nsaliwa in def mid and rivaldo as an offensive mid and lympe and blanco up front.

i start to agree on manu although i was very happy we got him. another mystery seem to be azcarate. why did we get him and what are ferrers plans for him?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived