Phantis Forums

Werder-Olympiakos

Crazy

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:gr: SO much for the doomsdayers thinking that Oly were going to get pulverised just because Werder scored 8 against a crappy Arminia 4 days earlier!

This is a Greek team and I expect nothing but a fight and we should never lie down. Of course winning is great and you can become complacent, but I onlyl expect 100% from anyone putting on a Greek team jersey or Ethniki fanela. Whether it be football, basketball, skaki or bowling.

That shameful 7 - 0 against Juventus a few seasons ago should never be forgotten so we never repeat that shameful episode! (I'm not a conspiracy theorist usually, but there was something rotten about that result also considering that Juve had/have a history of "buying" officials and results.)

This result is also significant with the racist attack that occured near Berlin by "local" thugs and 3 Greeks who were apparently racially abused and attacked a few days ago.

I will never take a backward seat against patronising jerks who think I am somewhat 2nd rate because I am a Hellene, let alone what happened to the Greeks in Germany. Oh also I just noticed that this result occured on the same day in 1944 when retreating Nazi's blew up the bridge over the Corinth canal.

Just a different take on this result. I know we shouldn't bring etho-stereotypes into the sporting domain, but I just hope we have made certain backward people in Europe take up and notice that we are not fading away! :gr:

HEY GUYS READ THIS ONE SIDED ARTICLE FROM YAHOO.COM

BREMEN, Germany, Oct 3 (Reuters) - Olympiakos Piraeus scored three times in the last 17 minutes to stun Werder Bremen 3-1 in the Champions League and go top of Group C on Wednesday.

It was the first victory for Piraeus in 31 Champions League away matches and ended Bremen's six-match unbeaten streak in the competition at home.

Bremen took a 32nd-minute lead against the defensive-minded visitors when Hugo Almeida blasted in a Daniel Jensen cross, giving the rain-soaked sell-out crowd of 37,500 something to cheer about after Almeida had wasted two earlier chances.

Bremen, who had warmed up for the match with an 8-1 victory over Arminia Bielefeld on Saturday in the Bundesliga, kept up the pressure but failed to get another one past goalkeeper Antonis Nikopolidis.

They were still in control when Germany midfielder Torsten Frings, in his first match back since suffering a knee injury in July, was replaced after the hour.

But Ieroklis Stoltidis tapped in the Olympiakos equaliser in the 73rd minute after a blunder by Bremen's reserve goalkeeper Christian Vander, who was filling in for the injured Tim Wiese.

The game swung the Greeks' way nine minutes later when Christos Patsatzoglou slammed home a long-range shot and Darko Kovacevic made sure of the points in the 87th minute, tapping in another rebound after Vander again failed to hold on to the ball. :tdown:

The goals dropped Bremen to the bottom of the group with their second defeat in two matches, while coach Panagiotis Lemonis's Olympiakos went top of the group with four points. Real Madrid also have four.

"It was a supreme team effort," Lemonis said. :tup:

"We failed to do all the things we set out to do," Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf told Premiere television. "We were delighted to get ahead but we should have got a second and third to knock them out. If you don't do that, you pay the price."

So far 07-08

Cup Matches Points Team Coef

1 Shakhtar Donetsk Ukr CL 2 7 8.5260

2 Glasgow Rangers Sco CL 2 7 8.4850

3 FC Barcelona Esp CL 2 7 8.4435

4 Arsenal Eng CL 2 7 8.4025

Manchester United Eng CL 2 7 8.4025

6 Olympique Marseille Fra CL 2 7 7.8250

7 Fenerbahçe Tur CL 2 6 7.4850

8 Real Madrid Esp CL 2 6 7.4435

9 Chelsea Eng CL 2 6 7.4025

10 Olympiakos Piraeus Gre CL 2 6 6.9900

11 FC Porto Por CL 2 6 6.8250

12 Celtic Sco CL 2 5 6.4850

13 Valencia Esp CL 2 5 6.4435

Sevilla Esp CL 2 5 6.4435

15 Lazio Roma Ita CL 2 5 6.1960

AC Milan Ita CL 2 5 6.1960

AS Roma Ita CL 2 5 6.1960

Internazionale Ita CL 2 5 6.1960

19 Schalke 04 Ger CL 2 5 6.0135

20 Sporting CP Lisbon Por CL 2 5 5.8250

21 Slavia Praha Cze CL 2 5 5.7835

22 PSV Eindhoven Ned CL 2 5 5.6600

23 Liverpool Eng CL 2 4 5.4025

24 Rosenborg BK Nor CL 2 4 5.1220

25 CSKA Moscow Rus CL 2 4 5.0725

26 Panathinaikos Gre UC 2 4 4.9900

27 Dinamo Kiev Ukr CL 2 3 4.5260

28 Besiktas Tur CL 2 3 4.4850

29 Werder Bremen Ger CL 2 3 4.0135

VfB Stuttgart Ger CL 2 3 4.0135

31 Benfica Por CL 2 3 3.8250

you must make this win mean something though... the last time you gavri were this happy was when you beat another German team 6-2 Bayern Leverkusen, & blew the rest of the games after that.... hopefully this 1 win doesnt get to everyones head... oooops too late... the battle to the next round has just begun

I listened to the entire game and i have to admit when it approached 70 minutes and Sir Takh hadn't made a substitute to help Lua Lua upfront i thought here we go again :whistle: BUT when Kovasevic scored the 3rd goal i hit the roof and became a bit teary from happiness because finally after 31 usuccsesful attempts for our first away win we broke the CURSE and got rid of the GORILLA of our back :P

:gr: :nw: OLYMPIAKE you have made us proud :nw: :gr:

Keep up the good work :nw:

if u look at it from the bottom crazy, then u guys have 1 loss in the last 5 road games bro....

:P  :not:

If you take most of the games that we have lost,it is against good or great teams(Real,Man utd,Valenthia,Juventus,Porto but there are some like Molde,Herenven,Macambi and Lille that should not be there,but what the hell,breaking your cherry against Werder still feels awesome just i hope we can repeat that soon ..... ;) :gr:

What a great win! Fantastic result!

When I saw the result on the tv I could barely believe it! Finally thrylos won away from home, a much deserved victory that had been kept away from us for too long.

Let's hope this is the begining of a bright era for OSFP.

Bravo paidia! :tup:

you won for once and EVERYBODY else lost!!!

:nw:

Go back to your real role in Europe fast! LOL

Yes,but everybody went thru to the group stage!!!!!!What happening is crazy...5 teams still in Uefa club has never happen before.....

Archived