Phantis Forums

FC Salzburg - AEK

Genome

In less than two weeks (eleven days from now to be more exact) AEK will face FC Salzburg for a second time. The first leg ended in a 3-0 win for AEK.

Will we be able to repeat this performance? Can we still win playing on the synthetical field of Salzburg? Will the many injuries cost us on the field? Will the Trapattoni team surprise us or will they "lay down and die" ...

Discuss away ! :)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im a little concerned about this game, a couple of reasons.

first of all - we may take this game a bit lightly considering the 3-0 win in the first leg, and they might see this as already through to the next round. i hope ferrer can motivate the players for this game as an early goal for salzburg could spark them into life.

next reason is that they have artifical turf, now i dont know much about this, hopefully aek can adapt quickly to this, can u slide tackle? i have no idea.

after all that said i do think aek will progress because a 3-0 first leg win is too much to overturn,

prediction = 1-1

We must proceed with extreme caution,we must not let our good form get lost in salzburg, we must seek scoring early to really put this match to bed ,i have seen some crazy agreegate over turned so caution is the word of the day.

If anything worries me more then any thing is that damn arti. turf they have.

We must proceed with extreme caution,we must not let our good form get lost in salzburg, we must seek scoring early to really put this match to bed ,i have seen some crazy agreegate over turned so caution is the word of the day.

If anything worries me more then any thing is that damn arti. turf they have.

Keeping it tight is the priority. As long as Salzburg don't concede early I can't see them posing a threat.

AEK is the favorite in this one since Salzburg will need to be focused on scoring on you and you guys have the players to kill them off early with just one goal. :tup: :gr:

Hopefully we can adjust to the artificial turf.

More importantly no injuries!!!!

If we can score an away goal (preferably early on), the tie is over. They would then have to score 5 goals to advance, which wouldnt happen.

I think they will come out hard and try to score, so we could have a few early chances on the counter attack.

Im not really sure what to expect for this game. Ideally we would have no injuries, win and keep another clean sheet.

I'm going to go for a 2-0 win for AEK with Rivaldo and Manduca scoring.

Another thing to mention is that Macho has kept 4 clean sheets in a row, which adds up to about 380 minutes of shut out, including extra time from those games. I'm glad Morretto is no longer in goals. Granted Macho hasnt had too much to do, but Morretto looks like a liability.

Hopefully another win, clean sheet and more points for Greece.

I would also like to add every Greek should be cheering for all the teams to qualify so we can get more points for Greece. Common Oly, you are really letting us down.

Does anyone know what line-up we will take into this game?? Are we resting any players due to our busy match schedule.

If we could beat Salzburg, and then Panionios it would cap off the end of our busy schedule with 100% record.

Bravo AEK, get motivated for this game, we are not 100% through and i dont want any slip ups. I hope those 5 lower ranked teams can cause upsets so we are in Pot 2 for the draw!!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

I dont know why i have abad feeling about thematch as it inches closer im very unsettled the hole thing with the arti turf scares me with our older playersand the fact that macho hasent really been tested in nets.

I truly hope ferer will fire this club up tell them to go for the win then sit back and defend and god knows greek clubs have been burned in the past with those tasctics,

hope also we get a strong travelling fans to keep this club the eye on the prize.

First 20 min will be so key cause i know salz will try to hit us early.

:( lymbes brutal misses hope it does not come back to haunt us.

I dont know why i have abad feeling about thematch as it inches closer im very unsettled the hole thing with the arti turf scares me with our older playersand the fact that macho hasent really been tested in nets.

File if AEK score 1 they need 5! There is no way AEK won't qualify. And regarding the pitch, so what? They are playing on aritificial grass not on ice wearing skates. AEK are the superior team and as long as a goal isn't conceded in the first 35 minutes then Salzburg will give up... there is nothing to worry about.

If by some miracle AEK do go out you should replace all your players with the boys from Ergotelis because even they couldn't get overturned after a lead like that! :P

Trappatoni is 'famous' for his so-called 'defensive' genius, but it's the same genius that had Italy kick their own asses out of WC 2002 by sitting on one goal.

That being said, the numbers are against Salzburg, but we've all seen stranger things. Witness AC Milan's breakdown vs. Liverpool 3 years ago!

The key will be to stifle them with a goal--they've already got an uphill battle, but with 3 domestic goals and 1 away goal, they'll HAVE to score 5 to win. When's the last time AEK conceded 5 goals in ANY competition?

As much as I'm happy with Blanco's goalscoring, I'd like to see Lymbe net one or two to get his confidence back--this will probably be his second-last or last year with the club.

Archived