Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Turkey - Greece

plato-ny

Agapite file,

Are you being sarcastic... because if so you're hurting my feelings :( :D
No sarcasm...I wanted to address you cordially so you don't think I'm looking to pick a fight, which I am not. You referred to me as file, so I returned the gesture. In retrospect it does sound like that haughty sarcastic Greek tone, lol. I didn't mean anything like that :) Just a friendly discussion.

The "risk" I am talking about is starting someone during a crucial match (i.e. as in our pride and ability to use youtube for the next six months :)) when it is not really that necessary. We need many changes, you're right. But, like you said, "when" is what we are in disagreement over. I say wait for a really s%$#! team like Malta gia na kanoume piramata.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's already 8 am here in Sweden! This is the day guys, I know most of you are ready for this game! Let's go for a victory and seek revenge on our disastrous loss back home in Athens. We all know Greece wins, we're going to Euro 2008.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

this is on the news item page.....

Dear Turkish fans, no eye for an eye…

I can still remember how Greek fans pelted Turkish players with sticks, coins, mobile phones, water bottles and other dangerous projectiles when the two teams met in the Group C qualifying opener back in March. The Greeks showed great disrespect to the Turkish national anthem by whistling and booing when it was being sung. They hoisted anti-Turkish banners across the stadium and chanted racist slurs throughout the match. If this had happened in Turkey, the Turks would have been thrown out of the competition and banned from Europe for at least a decade. But UEFA, European soccer’s governing body, in a way “rewarded” EU-member Greece by telling it to play only two matches outside Athens. That’s the way the cookie crumbles. Dear Turkish fans, please don’t pay the Greeks back in their own coin. On the contrary, treat them well and be nice to them. Quietly stand to attention when the Greek anthem is being played and sung. In a nutshell, teach them a lesson in unrivaled Turkish hospitality. :LOL:

OKAN UDO BASSEY İSTANBUL

Comments | Send to Print | Send to My Friend

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

what do you expect from turks

Its obviuos the turks are playing mind games and for them to be playing mind games, and when its coming from the coach and the turkish media,

They are scared of LOSING !

Its time for revenge

There has not been a better time to beat are arch rivals than now

Its time for revenge :gr:

I can still remember how Greek fans pelted Turkish players with sticks, coins, mobile phones, water bottles and other dangerous projectiles when the two teams met in the Group C qualifying opener back in March. The Greeks showed great disrespect to the Turkish national anthem by whistling and booing when it was being sung. They hoisted anti-Turkish banners across the stadium and chanted racist slurs throughout the match. If this had happened in Turkey, the Turks would have been thrown out of the competition and banned from Europe for at least a decade. But UEFA, European soccer

I can still remember how Greek fans pelted Turkish players with sticks, coins, mobile phones, water bottles and other dangerous projectiles when the two teams met in the Group C qualifying opener back in March. The Greeks showed great disrespect to the Turkish national anthem by whistling and booing when it was being sung. They hoisted anti-Turkish banners across the stadium and chanted racist slurs throughout the match. If this had happened in Turkey, the Turks would have been thrown out of the competition and banned from Europe for at least a decade. But UEFA, European soccer’s governing body, in a way “rewarded” EU-member Greece by telling it to play only two matches outside Athens. That’s the way the cookie crumbles. Dear Turkish fans, please don’t pay the Greeks back in their own coin. On the contrary, treat them well and be nice to them. Quietly stand to attention when the Greek anthem is being played and sung. In a nutshell, teach them a lesson in unrivaled Turkish hospitality. :LOL:

OKAN UDO BASSEY İSTANBUL

Comments | Send to Print | Send to My Friend

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

what do you expect from turks

PAO_or_death

if you ask 2000 people from both sides you will get 2000 different views ranging from extremem to moderate from both sides and most will also have exagerations or facts blown up...

The sure thing is that when you have crowds of + 20.000 or 50.000 in football fields you get all kinds of reactions ...

Your last comment about Turks in general is wrong and its comments like those that create hates.

As a comment in general no matter to which nationality its headed to its 100% erong as the idea of an INDIVIDUAL is flattened (to say the least)

Talk about football please and lets all try to see the problems created and act maturely by condemning the mistakes FROM BOTH SIDES and promoting the positive moves FROM BOTH SIDES ...

And not do that in a "brainwashing" silly way ...

We must condemn and reward bad or good moves alike based on our values as HUMAN Beings and not Greeks, Turks, Chinese or Saudi Arabians!

---

ON the subject ...

I hope this will be an exciting problem free match.

We are in good form and we CAN win tonight! But in emotionally charged derbies all results are possible ....

Good Football above all!

:gr:

No talk about revenge! We need to stay focused: a 0-0 result suits us not Turkey. Let them come out attacking and play into our hands (absorb and counter). I know we're Greeks but we have to keep a cool head about this game to come out on top.

As for that article, I see nothing to laugh about. I was ashamed, as a Greek, to see the flag sticks and bottles flying towards the Turkish players. That was disgraceful! :tdown:

its on the phantis site under national team.....

first of all have you read this garbage???? it mentions BS politics about the EU and stuff,

im just pointing out how nationalist turkish media is corrupting the football world with lies, we all know the fights were between PAO and OSFP fans (i heard there were 30-40 turks at the ground). Some one had some NAZI insignia and started a fight, I would gladly fight a trifile if he had a swastika flag etc....

i too hope this game is violence free and that greece can take it all the way, what a way to qualify against our rivals hahhaha in the heart of our byzantine culture

OI ELLINES BOROUN H ELLADA BOREI

:gr:

it was more for a joke, im not trying to start a race war on the site...

if you read it its funny because its so ludacris

Is everyone OK with the changes ...I believe 3 plodders in the Back Dellas Soto and Antzas could hurt us because of their pace...throw in Basinas..those 4 would lose a 4x100 to my Dad's Old folks home 4x4 team!

Stelios in place of Amanatidis, Amanatidis is a left footer and in form ,Stelios is our Tsiartas,save him and bring him in when we need a boost.

Good luck to our boys...1pt does the job...3pts Makes OUR day!!

Btw, the referee of today's game is Gonzalez of Spain. He's the one who forgot to send off Liverpool's Steven Gerrard and cost Olympiakos a 3-1 defeat - and elimination from the CL - at Anfield.

I know, I thought that immediately when I saw his name. He's a bit of a "homer" (which means he gets swayed by the home crowd), maybe this is why Terim's been making comments about the red card. He's trying to win over the ref.

Archived