Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Turkey - Greece

plato-ny

The lesson I learned in life is to move on and understand that it's only a football game.

You are 100% correct my friend.This is so true and i just hope that more people actually realize this. :nw: :nw: :nw:

PS.On a different note:

EINAI VARIA,VARIA.....H FOUNTA TOU TSOLIA :gr: :tup: :gr: :tup: :gr: :tup: :gr:

Translation:FOUNTA=The fluffy part in the front of a tsolia soldier shoe.Gia na min exoume kamia pareksigisi. ;)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pft.. its the least they can do... The Tourkoi had 1453 signs all over the place so no matter how much they applauded, you cant insult someones history and then think its all better because you fairy clapped them of the pitch...

Watch it!

thats the site who ever wanted to know

i dont recall "cheers" at the end, just boos and hisses

personally i dont care who qualifies with us

but i will say that i hope England does not qualify so their fans can shut the Fark up about us "fluking" the Euro04

i want to see croatia and russia through from that group.

There was hardly any applause. 150 people were applauding. The rest were booing and hissing. It's actually pretty funny because as the Greek commentator was saying "the Turks are applauding our players and there is no hostile action from the stands" the camera went to a long shot of the stadium and you could see chairs and bottles being thrown onto the pitch. Then as Karagounis was trying to walk into the tunnel you saw him ducking to avoid the bottles. It's a bunch of liberal bullshit propaganda "eimaste adelfia" kai m*****es. Don't kid yourselves. Just go on to Youtube or see the national polls on the Cyprus issue, or even to Phanti boards from the first time we played them, etc, to see what they think of us.

@Choc13, you're the 1 bringing politics into this discussion so unless you really do want to have a political conversation about Greco-Turkish relations I suggest you stop, or at least go and read up instead of coming out with comments like "pane tous ellines" and anyone that disagrees is an idiot. <_<

This victory was SOOOOOO sweet precisely because of how hostile they are to us! :gr: :gr: Can't wait til Norway end their chances officially!

@UkChris, thanks mate. It's great to get congratulated and supprted by you.

SHINE THE TROPHY BOYS BECAUSE THE PIRATES ARE COMING FOR THEIR GOLD!!!!

:gr: :ph34r: :gr: :ph34r: :gr:

thats the site who ever wanted to know

i dont recall "cheers" at the end, just boos and hisses

personally i dont care who qualifies with us

but i will say that i hope England does not qualify so their fans can shut the Fark up about us "fluking" the Euro04

i want to see croatia and russia through from that group.

There was hardly any applause. 150 people were applauding. The rest were booing and hissing. It's actually pretty funny because as the Greek commentator was saying "the Turks are applauding our players and there is no hostile action from the stands" the camera went to a long shot of the stadium and you could see chairs and bottles being thrown onto the pitch. Then as Karagounis was trying to walk into the tunnel you saw him ducking to avoid the bottles. It's a bunch of liberal bullshit propaganda "eimaste adelfia" kai m*****es. Don't kid yourselves. Just go on to Youtube or see the national polls on the Cyprus issue, or even to Phanti boards from the first time we played them, etc, to see what they think of us.

@Choc13, you're the 1 bringing politics into this discussion so unless you really do want to have a political conversation about Greco-Turkish relations I suggest you stop, or at least go and read up instead of coming out with comments like "pane tous ellines" and anyone that disagrees is an idiot. <_<

This victory was SOOOOOO sweet precisely because of how hostile they are to us! :gr: :gr: Can't wait til Norway end their chances officially!

@UkChris, thanks mate. It's great to get congratulated and supprted by you.

SHINE THE TROPHY BOYS BECAUSE THE PIRATES ARE COMING FOR THEIR GOLD!!!!

:gr: :ph34r: :gr: :ph34r: :gr:
DUDE,we won,what is yours and some others guys problem here?Some of them applauded and even Sotirakopoulos was amazed and took notice of it.They were not 150,see the replays at the end for that to verify it.What makes us so UPERANO OLLON i dont get it.Would anyone applauded if the result was opposite and the game in Greece?????Even if 1 had applauded in Greece i would be amazed.We went through to EURO 2008,to defend or title while they have to fight with Norway just to get there. END OF STORY.Lets stick to soccer and what we will do from now on and leave politics and hostility out off here.

of course this is a bit retarted....Turks listen to it: Greek National Anthem)

my question concern is diff tho:

it has the turkish quote ok fin

and bottom says: Ellinitsi : (translates to greek)

What the F*** is Ellinitsi exactly???? Vlaxika??? I find that offensive actually....its ELLINIKA or ROMAIKA if you must...Ellinitsi???

just curious why someone would chose to use that word...it seems very random.

Posted Image

There was hardly any applause. 150 people were applauding. The rest were booing and hissing. It's actually pretty funny because as the Greek commentator was saying "the Turks are applauding our players and there is no hostile action from the stands" the camera went to a long shot of the stadium and you could see chairs and bottles being thrown onto the pitch. Then as Karagounis was trying to walk into the tunnel you saw him ducking to avoid the bottles.

I'm sorry as a lot of people might not like to hear this but ...

on this little piece I quoted from DUDE, I completely agree.

I personally think the atmosphere for our players here was better (way better) than what it was for the Turks in Greece. Their supporters behaved better in Turkey than ours in Greece.

Having said that ... where do you all see this crowd clapping?

I don't hear a thing. I see maybe 50 people clapping after the whole crowd boo'd us. And while the commentator was saying that he "hadn't seen a bottle the whole night" I saw two in the air (as he spoke these words, and those weren't the only times and things).

Don't get me wrong, I'm for respecting eachother, but I also like to see and hear the truth, and I'm not seeing and I didn't see back then what everyone was and still is talking about (maybe this has something to do with me). Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere was as good as it could get I think, but let's not overexagerate, ... I don't mean this in any way politically, I'm just saying what I saw (and still see when I replay this over and over again), like I said before the atmosphere at our stadium was way worse for them.

Congrats though to those few who did applaud us. :tup: Very admirable.

And in the end like crazy already mentioned ... it's the big picture that counts. We're going to EURO2008 :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :tup:

Oh and at drakos13: it says Ellinisti, not Ellinitsi.

DUDE,we won,what is yours and some others guys problem here?Some of them applauded and even Sotirakopoulos was amazed and took notice of it.They were not 150,see the replays at the end for that to verify it.What makes us so UPERANO OLLON i dont get it.Would anyone applauded if the result was opposite and the game in Greece?????Even if 1 had applauded in Greece i would be amazed.We went through to EURO 2008,to defend or title while they have to fight with Norway just to get there. END OF STORY.Lets stick to soccer and what we will do from now on and leave politics and hostility out off here.

Actually our fans did applaud them at the end of the game in Athens.

I don't have a problem, it's others here who are attempting to claim like the game was played in the atmosphere of brotherly love. That was the case so why lie about it? I'm merely pointing out that the atmosphere was very hostile, not friendly, and the acheivement is all the more great for it. If you can't accept that simple fact then it's you that has a problem my friend, not me. I'm merely pointing out a fact.

I'm sorry as a lot of people might not like to hear this but ...

on this little piece I quoted from DUDE, I completely agree.

I personally think the atmosphere for our players here was better (way better) than what it was for the Turks in Greece. Their supporters behaved better in Turkey than ours in Greece.

Having said that ... where do you all see this crowd clapping?

I don't hear a thing. I see maybe 50 people clapping after the whole crowd boo'd us. And while the commentator was saying that he "hadn't seen a bottle the whole night" I saw two in the air (as he spoke these words, and those weren't the only times and things).

Don't get me wrong, I'm for respecting eachother, but I also like to see and hear the truth, and I'm not seeing and I didn't see back then what everyone was and still is talking about (maybe this has something to do with me). Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere was as good as it could get I think, but let's not overexagerate, ... I don't mean this in any way politically, I'm just saying what I saw (and still see when I replay this over and over again)

:tup: :tup:

What the F*** is Ellinitsi exactly???? Vlaxika??? I find that offensive actually....its ELLINIKA or ROMAIKA if you must...Ellinitsi???

Posted Image

File mou I think you've misunderstood the article. This is the best from page article of them all! ;) :gr:

I also love the fact that Amanatidi shouted "Etsi, Etsi Bentouza!" :LOL: :gr:

Actually our fans did applaud them at the end of the game in Athens.

I don't have a problem, it's others here who are attempting to claim like the game was played in the atmosphere of brotherly love. That was the case so why lie about it? I'm merely pointing out that the atmosphere was very hostile, not friendly, and the acheivement is all the more great for it. If you can't accept that simple fact then it's you that has a problem my friend, not me. I'm merely pointing out a fact.

I never used any "brotherly love" comments.The Turkish fans were boosting their NT team by being loud and supportive and sure it was not a paradise for us but it was not like many other extreme situations that me or maybe you have seen or lived.I did not see any Greek players saying anything about the "hostile" enviroment,i did not see the commentators making any comments and bottles flying happens every sunday at all greek league games so sorry if i am not shoked by it.Most of the second half they were booing there players instead of us.What are we/me have to lie about??Their supporters behaved better in Turkey compared with ours in Greece.

It was a GREAT away win for us,against a team that was in second place until that result.We are through and they are not.That is the fact.That is what we should be concentrating. :gr: :gr: :gr: EURO CHAMP 2004-EURO CHAMP 2008?? ;)

Posted Image

I have a stupid question.I can not read or understand the turkish part,how anyone from Turkey will be able to read or listen to the greek part?? :o :D :LOL:

Otto, I was wrong to doubt you and eating crow doesn't taste too good. You were brilliant last night and whatever you did to motivate the team they truly believed it. Bravo to you and the players.

p.s. now can you play a few younger players just in case we may need them next year? Thank you.

Crazy puts it nicely. Focus on soccer, celebrate this historic win, and move on.

This is just a sport, not politics, and one win on the field doesn't make you any better than any one else. It's the behavior that may distinguish you from others.

In the end, I hope that people wake up and realize that much of fanaticism is based on ignorance, fear, and brain-washing.

bottles flying happens every sunday at all greek league games so sorry if i am not shoked by it.Most of the second half they were booing there players instead of us.What are we/me have to lie about??Their supporters behaved better in Turkey compared with ours in Greece.

the reason the turkish players got pelted in athens is because tuncay ran to the crowd with his finger on his lips when he scored he was being a little provocative, i'm not justifying throwing stuff at the turkish players but if amanatidis had done that when he scored the same may have happened to our players

I wonder how many Greeks we're at the Ali Sami Yen?

I doubt if it was very many. Sadly, there are fewer than 5,000 Greeks now living in the City. The majority of our NT supporters would have been visitors from Greece or abroad. I would have loved to have been at this historic match.

I completely agree with all the points made by DUDE.

Not too clear on the comments by somebody in reference to the Turkish ladies in the picture. My opinion is they looked hot hot hot! I hope that doesn't make anybody blush.

I thank the Galata fan for his sincere congrats, and wish his team the best of luck versus Norway.

I thank the Turkish fans that applauded our NT. I would not have applauded the Turkish team under any circumstances. But I also recognize that many Greek fans were just as civil at Karaiskaki. Anyway, Greek NT fans are the best in the world, so we mustn't compare our fans to those of any other nation.

Last points: our Ethniki beat itself at Athens last March, and they beat the Turks yesterday. In other words, the Turks did not beat themselves. We beat them, by clearly outplaying them. Amanatidis et al ran circles around their poor backs. Our passing was daring and our ball control phenomenal. We practically had the ball on a string (except for finishing in some cases).

I'm wondering if Aman's little touches off the Samaras ball were intentionally nervous-looking (ie. letting the ball get away from him a fair distance on the dribble right before the shoot) in order to dupe the goalie into biting, submitting, then chipping it into the empty goal. If so, brilliant Aman, eisai poly magkas!

We also seriously out-managed them: kudos King Otto!

It's almost time to extend our reign over Europe another 4 years. Pame Austria kai Elbetia paidia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellas ole!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zitw Ellas!!!!!!!!!!

Archived