Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Turkey - Greece

plato-ny

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes there were... we were playing in Constantinoupoli... so there were 25000 greeks :P :tup:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

well done paidia :gr: :gr: :gr:

if its possible i'll get some tickets to go and watch some of our matches here in switzerland :D :D :D

GUYS, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT THIS, THE GREEK FANS IN STOCKHOLM WE'RE IN RAPTURES!!!!! IT'S A VICTORY ALL OF US WILL NEVER FORGET, WE BEAT ONE OF THE FAVORITES IN THE GROUP!!! REVENGE IS SO SWEET, SO SWEET I CAN PUT MY PAST NIGHTMARES BEHIND! I'M SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM, MORE PROUDER THAN OLYMPIAKOS IN THERE 1ST AWAY WIN IN BREMEN. TO OTTO REHHAGEL AND COMPANY, I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH. LET'S DEFEND OUR TITLE IN AUSTRIA - SWITZERLAND!!!!

:gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr:

Good thing we didnt win against Norway, huh? ;)

could not agree more :)

thank you greece for helping norway to euro 2008

:tup:

report bosnia-norway 0-2, boring game with defensive norwegian play and uninspired attacking from bosnia. few spectators due to boycott. looks like bosnia has given up and they may be easy match for turkey in the last match.

Wow! What a fun game to watch! I have to say, its almost a good thing that we missed on so many of those opportunities in the first half because if we had scored 1, we probably would have tried to defend the rest of the way.

Previous posters have already given player evaluations and I pretty much agree with everyone that this was an excellent performance by the Ethniki. One thing though: what was up with Chalkias' goal kicks??? So many of them were either weak or went directly to Turkish heads. He also shanked one off to the side at one point.

Amazing!!!!! Nothing else to say, AMAZING!!!

We were fantastic. I was wrong, Otto was right, Antzas was INCREDIBLE!! That should be our midfield for the time being, sorry Katsourani but he hasn't done anything to warrant a place of late imo. Having said that I hope Otto takes the chance to give players like Spyropoulos a game now.

Back to this game... I'm speechless. We (me, my bro and all our friends) filled up a bar in London. There were about 60 of us. No exaggeration when I tell you that the atmosphere was hotter in our bar then at the Ali Sami Yen! ;) But even the partizan crowd within our bar didn't expect a performance like that. Aek66 is right in saying that that could have been one of the great finals. Having said that, what did Turkey do? It was complete domination! At times it was like watching Man Utd play Sconta Riga(!!!) particularly after the 35mins.

My ratings: (I should note that I go by Championship Manager ratings where 6 is average).

Chalkias: 6 = Had nothing much to do the whole game.

Seitaridis: 5 = Ok defensively but THAT cross was ridiculously bad. What if that was our last chance in the game, or if they scored immediately afterwards? It was very poor. Also he was at fault for getting caught out when they hit the post. Overall he was ok but if I was manager Patsa would reclaim his spot in the next game.

Torosidis: 7 = Played well throughout, getting forward and causing problems as well as being solid when called upon. However, he was guilty of missing a sitter.

Dellas: 4 = This game confirmed to me that he shouldn't play for the Ethniki again. The Turks were completely outclassed tonight but any attacks they did have came from Dellas' mistakes. He was slow, nervous & gave the ball away in dangerous positions.

Kyriakos: 7 = Was doing the job of 2 at times (his and Dellas'). Was very solid and won everything in the air as always! God forbid we ever lose him.

Basinas: 9 = The best I've seen him play for the Ethniki in years! He won every challenge, passed excellently, was energetic and... dare I say it, positive. Bravo re Angele, this is the Basina we need!!!

Karagounis: 9 = Drove the team forward. This is the best I've seen him play since the Ukraine game where he was incredible and limped off early on. Showed skill, heart, passion. Excellent.

Antzas: 9 = Geia sou re paixtara!!! Part of an amazing midfield today. He shut us all up, and how happy I am that he did. He defended superbly and won so many key challenges. He's won his place in the team imo. Bravo.

Amanatidis: 10 = Man of the match. They just couldn't contain him. Whether it was his runs, incisive passing or his passionate tackling. He was fantastic.

Haristeas: 5 = He didn't have a good game. Worked hard but offered little else and he missed that great chance from 8 yards out. By the time the ball came back down to earth it had snow on it!

Gekas: 5 = Worked hard but missed a great chance at the beginning of the 2nd half & he looked very heavy-legged in the first half when expected to chase long balls.

SUBS:

Lybe: 6 = The pace of the game seemed to pass him by although he was comfortable on the ball.

Samaras: 7 = Great ball for the goal and showed some very good movement. FINALLY we're starting to see him live up to his potential. HOWEVER, his finishing was poor. He should/could have had a hatrick and some of the finishing was actually embarassingly bad. I put that down to rustiness though. His general play was very good.

OTTO: 9 = With the exception of Dellas, the "old fox" schemed this match perfectly!!!

I know everyone here is trying to be liberal about everything, but some things need to be said. THIS IS THE SWEETEST FEELING!!! Getting our revenge by beating them in front of their fans, in Constantinople and effectively knocking them out of the European Championships! KAVLARA!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the scenes in Cyprus, Rhodes, Thessaloniki and Nea Smyrna!!! :gr: :gr: :gr: They can stay at home in Asia and watch us defend our title. I haven't felt like this since Euro 2004!

NIKI MES TIN POLI HELLAS-OLE, OLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gr:

SHINE THE TROPHY, BECAUSE THE PIRATES ARE COMING TO RECLAIM THEIR GOLD!!! :ph34r: :gr: :ph34r: :gr:

decent ratings

I will defend Dellas a bit - he did look slow and stiff - but to his defence he was covering a bit more ground than usual with Toro and Giorkas pushing up a bit more than usual

I just want to say one more time how many of you were wrong re. Charisteas, the man has been playing as support forward or winger for the entire campaign - obviously out of position - but he has scored, set up goals, and defended well

Anyway this is time to celebrate :gr:

Note to those of us in the Eastern time zone - all games in the final will be on at 2:45 pm - so I have 5 minutes to find a TV after work ----maybe I rent a hotel room near work or something?

Archived