Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina

dark_horse

Love that show, ive only caught two episodes, turkey and brasil...

Do u no if he goes to greece?

No, he goes to Poland, Russia, Serbia & Croatia (as one episode), Turkey, Brazil, Holland, Argentina, & Italy... I think that's about it. Having seen them all I can honestly say that none of them touch our fans. Alli klasi emeis re.
:D :gr:

Turkey didnt look like much compared to greece, but the brasil looked pretty bad.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Btw, Gekas missed training on Monday, while Torosidis & I think Dellas followed personal training programmes. When you consider that we already have Samaras and Seitaridis suspended, the last thing we need is Gekas and Torosidis to miss the game. :unsure:

Btw, Gekas missed training on Monday, while Torosidis & I think Dellas followed personal training programmes. When you consider that we already have Samaras and Seitaridis suspended, the last thing we need is Gekas and Torosidis to miss the game. :unsure:

I think/hope gekas can make it for the trip to turkey

You have Patsatzoglou that can play right back but Gekas was geting hot lately.

I agree but I was hoping Patsa could play in centre midfield ahead of Basinas. That is only a possibility if Seitaridi is fit. And if Gekas is out where will the goals come from? :unsure:

Dude, if those who swear are the "real fans," then I would imagine those who stab other fans at volleyball matches, or beat their wives and children when their team loses, they must be super fans!! :P

Sport, like language, is rooted in abstraction; it is man elevating himself above mere animality. We have language that is refined, and we have human behavior that is refined. And why all the emphasis on winning? I know it sounds contrived, but sport should be about sportsmanship, not about getting what we want; like a toddler crying because he wants his way. True culture is rooted in human perfectability and Reason, not in absolutism and demagoguery. So, if sport is used as a tool for unification, etc, etc., then we have some serious problems. What next, Soviet and Nazi style art and music? People acting like robots, like in N. Korea?

As for Mussolini, lets not forget the infamous telgraph he sent to the Italian team on the eve of the 1938 world cup: "win or die!" Although, if that were the case for us, I suppose we wouldn't have to worry much about our goalkeeping situation :huh: So...not a bad idea actually.

Anyway, lets not argue. Lets just agree to disagree. :)

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Greece 3 - 1 Bosnia

Dude, if those who swear are the "real fans," then I would imagine those who stab other fans at volleyball matches, or beat their wives and children when their team loses, they must be super fans!!  :P

Yes because "swearing = stabbing"... that is reasonable logic :blink:

Sport, like language, is rooted in abstraction; it is man elevating himself above mere animality.

For those outside of Greece that are interested in watching the game but have no way of doing so, you can purchase the game from here:

http://euro2008.videosport.com/index_35_gb....html?&session=

It is perfectly legal and is a link made available from UEFA.com. I have seen a game on here before and the quality was great but make sure you test the configuration (available at the top of your screen), to see if your system is compatible and able to receive the game. The Greece game is offered on page 2 btw.

Enjoy guys. :gr:

why do you support our NT or indeed any other club? If the only thing that counts is sportsmanship and taking part then it follows that victory must be meaningless. Hence, willing your team to win is an empty action where your emotions are released without a cause and where logic is completely absent. So your very support of the team upsets the equilibrium of your logic... So, why are you a football fan?

Victory is a bonus. It's nice when we win, but, when we don't, we have to be able to keep things in persepective. I was a 13 year old proudly wearing a savaas kofidis diadora shirt after our miserable exit during world cup 1994; I am a patriot through and through. LOL

When Greece wins, I am proud. When they don't, I am still proud. It is foolish to take such a mercenary attitude:"I do this for victory and nothing else." After we win, what next? It's a druggy mentality. Have you ever seen the icon of Agios Sosimos; Alexander the Great conquered the known world, was revered as a God, and in the end nothing was left of him but rotting bones!

I will watch the game, and I will cheer for my team, but I don't need to express myself like a barbarian.

As for Nazi's and Mussolini, don't conflate reality with the Hollywood fetishized version of history. Hitler and Mussolini were far mor sympathetic to Opera, architecture, and classical music than they were to sporting events and "pride". I brought up the example of Nazi and Soviet art (propaganda) because it is a well known by most people as an example of abuse of art for ideology.

Anyway, we better stop, dark horse and the phantis thought police are going to hammer us for deviating from the Bosnia-Greece thread. :LOL

:

:gr: :gr:

Quote:as5664

Anyway, we better stop, dark horse and the phantis thought police are going to hammer us for deviating from the Bosnia-Greece thread:LOL:

You are correct my young friend.Because you realized it early though,(going totally off topic) i will congratulate you and just ask politely for both of you to keep it about our upcoming NT game against Bosnia-Herzegovina.Dont make me use my :bangin: damn it.... :D :D :gr: :gr: Elladara Omadara eoeoeoeoeee. :gr:

a thyra for the ethniki is a great idea, i thought there was one.

Perhaps (for big games at least) there could be some sort of ancient greek enosis with the thyres, like when ellas joined to fight the persians. I understand that PAO and osfp have a rivalry much greater than the spartans and athenians but we should give it a go.

as long as its neutral and only ultras go it could work, if gate 13/7/21/4 hools go then there will be troubles.

personally i love PAO and are with them till death, but when greece plays i feel different, its special with more passion and pride.

thyra ellas should start but im afriad too many people are asigned with their clubs, ellines remember we are all born GREEKS and will die GREEKS

anyway, im pumped for this game, cant wait, god i love football

BOSNIA CAN SCORE IN BUNCHES AND CAN ALSO CONCIDE AS WELL

I hope we prevail cause thse 2 games will prove critical in our mission to advance and win th group and i hope that greece dont look past bosnia and are thinking of the revenge game against turkey and let bosnia sneak won pastr us caution has been sent

In an interview with Seitaridis, he said that if Greece gets 4 points in there next 2 qualifyers, Greece are going to Austria - Switzerland. He also stressed that he wants Greece to beat Turkey. :huh:

Beating Turkey in Istanbul is almost impossible to do, I just hope Greece can escape with a draw.

This game really makes me nervous because historically Greece has only won big games as underdogs and not favourites (eg, euro 04 games and beating spain in spain).

When there are games where the pressure ahs been on greece to win eg ( Russia Euro 04, Ukraine WCQ, Turkey WCQ, Denmark WCQ 98, Croatia WCQ 98, Denmark WCQ 06). We seem to come up short. I truly hope history does not repeat itself, we ahve done well thus far and have gotten solid results throughout this campaign.

I feel that nerves, composure and a presence of mind both offensively and defensively will deterime the out come of this match and not who plays where.

Pame me ti niki kia elpizo na panagirisoume mia megali niki!!!!

My only tactical thing is please no more nikopolidis you did well in 04 and we are greatful, there is no room for his frequent blunders. Confidence and a clear mind in a team starts from the goalie and diffuses all the way up to the strikers!

i see goals here, i think we may see a 3-2 or 3-1 victory.

NERVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"nothing is impossible, there is RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE" - that dickhead singer from U2 (i forgot his name)

i think that greece can win in turkey, its all in the "top two inches" we need to believe we can win and not "fall to our knees" like we did in Athens.

also i think last time we met the turks the game was designed for us to fail, i think however this game is designed for us to win it will be ultamite revenge and a big win in the heart of the byzantine empire which may lead to certain qualification

are there going to be greek fans at the game???

The Olympiakos fans want Nikopolidis in net because of his performance against Bremen. I'm sure none of you want the Bosnia match to become like the Turkey match so, hopefully, Chalkias is in net.

In an interview with Seitaridis, he said that if Greece gets 4 points in there next 2 qualifyers, Greece are going to Austria - Switzerland. He also stressed that he wants Greece to beat Turkey. :huh:

Beating Turkey in Istanbul is almost impossible to do, I just hope Greece can escape with a draw.

I'm glad he thinks that way and won't settle for a draw (although it's just one player), and beating them in Istanbul should be as possible as they were able to beat us in Athens.

Turkey is a very good team at home, but us greeks always underestmate ourselvs. Well not always, but since we got knoked out of the the world cup qualifiers weve thought less of ourselves. We cant forget taht we are euro champs and i belive that we are alota better than how we portrey our selves. I tthink we can beat turkley if we play our best! :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

If we get the 3 points saturday and have no more injuries we can be more relaxed and feel more confident for the rest of games.We need to win this one and swift the pressure to our 2 opponents(Turkey & Norway) of trying to catch up.

Something that i got for any of you lucky people that can go to the stadium for the game:

http://www.sportaction.gr/document.php?cat...cument_id=81370

When Greece wins, I am proud. When they don't, I am still proud. It is foolish to take such a mercenary attitude:"I do this for victory and nothing else."

I never said "give up or lose your pride when you lose."

After we win, what next? It's a druggy mentality. Have you ever seen the icon of Agios Sosimos; Alexander the Great conquered the known world, was revered as a God, and in the end nothing was left of him but rotting bones!

I can't believe you think that?! How about his legacy? The man changed the history of the world for ever. To this day we talk about him, watch movies about him, children study him, etc. What was left was not merely "rotting bones".

As for Nazi's and Mussolini, don't conflate reality with the Hollywood fetishized version of history. Hitler and Mussolini were far mor sympathetic to Opera, architecture, and classical music than they were to sporting events and "pride".

I don't rely on Hollywood for anything, I'm studying a Masters in History & Politics. Opera, architecture, & classical music (i.e. culture) were intertwined with sport and "pride". Read Duff Davis Hart's "Hitler's Games" or Zemat's "Nazi Olympics" and you can see what it meant to them.

I brought up the example of Nazi and Soviet art (propaganda) because it is a well known by most people as an example of abuse of art for ideology.

And what does that have to do with the argument at hand?

Anyway, we better stop, dark horse and the phantis thought police are going to hammer us for deviating from the Bosnia-Greece thread.  :LOL

So stop then :P

Now back to the game... I'm nervous about playing this at OAKA, our team lacks pace and moving the game to a bigger pitch worries me. Anyone else sharing my reservations about moving the game to OAKA?

You will both stop. Now.

Crazy already asked you both to keep it on topic (that includes you DUDE), if you want to continue writing about that subject, do it in one of the other sub-forums here on Phantis, there are a number of those in the Community Boards forum (Arts, Politics, Society, etc ...)  that fit with what you were talking about. Or you can always PM eachother. Discussion's great, definitely when you do it in a civilized manner like you two, but do it in the correct place, it bothers other users who only want to read posts on the game.

But Hitler, Mussolini, Hollywood etc ... have little or nothing to do with this game.

Next time I will slap a warning on you.

Could you maybe be a bit more specific as to where exactly we can continue a topic on "footballing atmosphere for the ethniki" in the community boards then? It doesn't fall under Arts, Politics or Society.

P.S. Genome are you 2nd Mouse in disguise? :unsure:

From Goal.com:

"Angelos Chariteas (pictured) will most likely lead the line as Gekas is doubtful and Samaras suspended."

I don't know about Charisteas in a 5-3-2, I'm thinking Rehhagel will play a 4-3-3

I'm betting it will look like this Saturday:

------------------------Nikopolidis---------------------------

Torosidis--------Dellas------Kyrgiakos--------Patzatsoglou

------------Katsouranis---Basinas---Karagounis----------

Amanatidis------------Charisteas---------Giannakopoulos (can he play 90 min?? Will

probably be substituted by Salpingidis)

The only weak link I think will be Basinas as Def. Mid. Amanatidis and Giannakopoulos are pretty fast, so I think they will give hell at the wings.

Archived