Phantis Forums

Videogate

Lazarus

From Sports Illustrated: Patriots head coach apologizes for videotape flap

So it comes to the surface that the Patriots have been engaged into illegal and punishable actions. How long? We don't know yet. Did all this stuff help them win games and Superbowls?

What do you think an appropriate punishment for the offender should be?

Read slso:

Since i heard on ESPN that they had allegations for some time now about it but not any real proof i believe that the punishment should be a lot harder than losing some draft picks.Get to the bottom of it and find out exactly how long this is going on and then take championship rings away if neccesary.It is a shame because it crumbles the whole idea about there abilities as a great football team and as a great head coach but cheating that badly on this level is just unaceptable. :tdown:

Well, it seems that the NFL (commissioner Roger Goodell) has no "balls" when it comes to sanctioning New England coach Bill Belichick.

Sports Illustrated: NFL fines Belichick, forfeits Pats draft picks for spying

I think I would also pay $500,000 and give up a first-round draft choice for a SuperBowl win-- maybe more for three of 'em.

What a joke! This practice has been going on for a while - at least a year. Think about the competitive advantage the Patriots had when they would call the opposing team's defense plays in Brady's helmet. And everybody was saying Belichick is a genius. Genius my ass!

I used to dislike the Pats. This thing sure doesn't make me change my mind!

im sorry but you guys have no idea what you are talking about..first off almost every team in the league does, coaches like bill parcells has even admitted to it now saying everyone in the league does it and whoever tries down talkin the pats r hypocrits, denver won two super bowls with uneligible players coaches always try to steal signals, numerous occassions have teams been caught cheating, the big deal is only becuase the pats a premier team, a successful team got caught, if the bucs got caught no one would say anything..also how can you say they have no players?is brady not enough? how bout seymour, wilfork, bruschi, harrison, vrabel, warren, samuel, their whole offensive line, ben watson? and ho wbout this year moss, welker, stallworth, thomas..they pretty much have an all star team..so people should look into s%$#! before everyone assumes the pats all of a sudden sucked this whole time and won everything by cheating

im sorry but you guys have no idea what you are talking about..

Really? Then I suggest you read up with Dr.Z from Sports Illustrated.

Taking the easy way out: Pats' sentence reveals disciplinary double standard

Or maybe Peter King (one of the biggest Patriots fans):

Not enough: Belichick nets lenient punishment from Goodell, NFL

But then again... Who are these guys and what do they know?

Maybe you'd like Mark Kriegel at Fox Sports:

Patriots-gate gives Belichick new distinction

"I laughed when the story first moved. But now, the more you think about it, the more you have to wonder. Since Belichick took over in 2000, how much of the Patriots' edge was illicitly gained? Was it worth more than the three-point margin by which they beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl? Cheat once and everything becomes suspect." (click to read)

Archived