Phantis Forums
Ziaka

Toumba Stadium

You cant just let someone with money build whatever you. Let's welcome all the investors wanting to build a skyscraper infront of the Akropolis. 

The fact is that there's going to be a new stadum, as long as its under 42m (aparantly).  Right now I imagine they are conducting research on the ground, foundations, light studies and how to make the area function with 40,000+ stadium and whatever other investments will need to be done. This ain't just going to be a stadium, it's most likely going to be some infrastructure works. All of this takes months. 

Having investors build whatever they want however they want is a recipe for disaster for cities. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

Nobody is saying build whatever you want and where.  what I'm saying is....if it takes 2 years to get projects approved in normal countries,   it takes 10 years in Greece....we are discussing normal projects here....not reconstructing Athens and building in front of the Akropolis.    A stadium and infrastructure work in the area.  Is that too difficult to handle?

Wasnt the research team selected this year or late last year? They changed the law so this stadium could pass already. However, this has a long way to go, I don't even think there is a design to send to the ΣτΕ for approval.

I don't think the government here is at fault, Tsipras has been very cooperative. 

Edited by Nilaul

For all we know, Ivan pitched a fit when he saw a design and ordered everything scrapped etc etc. The team has kept tight lipped on this whole process, apart from little George (rarely) posting instagram pics of other stadiums.

The current government approved changes so that small patches of land that belonged to Greek military could be used in the new Toumba project. It was a very small percentage of land that was needed for the project. PAE PAOK now has to get all the necessary construction permits before old Toumba tear down begins. The permits could become the sticking point that will delay the project. Specially if Mitsotakis becomes the new prime Minister and his designated puppet Tachaios becomes the new mayor of Thessaloniki. They are both on record sa being anti-Savvidis.

1 hour ago, pash said:

For all we know, Ivan pitched a fit when he saw a design and ordered everything scrapped etc etc. The team has kept tight lipped on this whole process, apart from little George (rarely) posting instagram pics of other stadiums.

To be fair that is exactly what I think that leak was, a scrapped design.

The delays I think are entirelly cause of Paok and its design team/s.

I read on a Greek sports site that PAOK will be at Kaftanzoglio for the next 3 seasons so that Nea Toumba will be built. Hope it's true.

Unsurprisingly, the complete lack of any progress - particularly at Iraklis' stadium - means it is increasingly unlikely that we'll see a move by the team this summer.

I am almost certain we will play next season at Toumba. Apparently thge Undersecretary of Sports is dragging their feet as far as Kaftanzoglio stadium is concerned. PAOK wants to start work that they will pay for it to meet UEFA standards for CL, but they don't even want to talk about it.

• Like it 1

Kyriakos Kyriakou during interview today confirmed that PAOK will play next season at Toumba Stadium, since there is delay in the new Toumba proceedings.

• Like it 1

Κι αν βγει ο Τυχαίος θα κάνει ότι περνάει από το χέρι του για να μη γίνει το γήπεδο!

If Tachaios wins than it will show how brainwashed the people of Thessaloniki are. Tachaios was the vice-mayor of Thessaloniki when his boss Papageorgopoulos (Thessaloniki mayor,  world class sprinter and Aris supporter) embezzled  more than 25 million Euros. Tachaios was hand picked by  Marinakis to run for mayor and is anti-PAOK to the bone. If he wins the new Toumba will be history.