Phantis Forums
Ziaka

Toumba Stadium

Probably not until next year. The plan is to sign the agreement to use Kaftanzoglio sometimes in May of 2018.

I think all the timing depends on the acquisition of all the permits from the national and local authorities.

I am pretty sure there will be many more episodes before anything really gets started.

You people actually believe any bullshit coming from the politician's mouths? Elections are coming.

Savvidis is also running his mouth (on instagram) again. Says our new stadium will be 40k+

Seems to really like Krasnodar's stadium.

10 hours ago, pash said:

Savvidis is also running his mouth (on instagram) again. Says our new stadium will be 40k+

Seems to really like Krasnodar's stadium.

Had a look out of curiosity on Wikipedia and it states that the stadium cost 250 million euros to build.  I can’t fathom Savvidis spending that much.

And there's no reason to. Krasnodar has a hideous stadium! At least from the outside. Inside, it's pretty decent (though not sure how I feel about the screens).

I prefer stadiums to be industrial, imposing and intimidating stadiums with lots of concrete and steel etc. fans close to the pitch and right on top of the players with a roof that keeps the noise in and amplifies it.

So many modern stadiums are now geared towards corporate friendly aesthetics with glass and wide open spaces.

Edited by DunfermlineAthleticPAOK

I’m probably going to be howled at, but I’m not 100% sure about getting a modern stadium with the seats next to the ground.  I’ve grown attached to the daggy running track around our ground.  Maybe I need to see a shrink.

On another note, can you imagine the decibels with our fans so close to the pitch ?  We’ll be sued to kingdom come by players and officials for hearing loss and psychological trauma.  They’ll need to start deducting points just to control our fans!  Too LOUD -3 points for you!

I'd be more worried that the animals in Gate 4 would throw rocks at players...

• Like it 1

If the kid still posts things on Instagram about 40K stadium, that means that we are nowhere near building the damn thing. The final plans (and capacity) should have already been set in stone and the only thing we should be doing is forcing the government to issue the permits to start the construction now that we got them by the balls.

Yes, the plans should have long been done by now & released. 

After all, wasn't the original pipe dream last year, that we would have already vacated Toumba by May? With the Kaftanzoglio in use from this season? 

It's just a dream, not a goal with a plan. 

Don’t see what the big deal is.  What’s wrong with Toumba as is.  I mean don’t get me wrong a new stadium would be unreal but on my list of priorities it’s right down there.  I’d rather we concentrate on the training facilities, youth development, squad harmony and quality and trying to get managers that are good and last more than 12 months and then if that’s all I need place, then we can look at a stadium.

Considering they are announced some internal changes this week (bars being taken down, gate 8 being made smaller), I don't think a new stadium will be ready for a while.

The new stadium will be ready 2 years after Toumba is demolished. It looks like the demolition will start at the end of the season and possibly even in mid-season.

On 9/6/2018 at 5:08 AM, Bananas said:

Don’t see what the big deal is.  What’s wrong with Toumba as is.  I mean don’t get me wrong a new stadium would be unreal but on my list of priorities it’s right down there.  I’d rather we concentrate on the training facilities, youth development, squad harmony and quality and trying to get managers that are good and last more than 12 months and then if that’s all I need place, then we can look at a stadium.

A new stadium will increase PAOKs value,   and the club can leverage it out to strengthen other areas like infrastructure.   

And don't forget the reason that any billionaire buys a club for - it makes him look like a boss

Early reports suggest that the  capacity of new Toumba will be 35,600

I just want it to be the best stadium in Greece. Capacity over 30,000 and under 40,000 is also good. AEK's will be similar to Karaiskaki as far as capacity. But it will be category 3 I think. And of course the design and everything has to be remarkable. Exciting stuff.. But it will take probably three years to be completed. If current Toumba gets demolished at the end of the season, best case scenario the new stadium will be ready for the 21-22 season.

43 minutes ago, BostonThanatos said:

I wouldn't mind Matos and Vierinha getting some rest.  

are they building the new stadium?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

A new stadium will increase PAOKs value,   and the club can leverage it out to strengthen other areas like infrastructure.   

Not sure how it will generate so much more revenue to offset the huge expense.  Maybe they’ll have secret rooms with men playing manila and the house will collect a cut of each hand.  Tax free of course.