Phantis Forums

Toumba Stadium

Ziaka

• 3 weeks later...

According to news reports today, a PAOK contingent met with Kaftanzoglio management to inspect the stadium. It is reported that PAOK will sign a contract in May of 2018 to use Kaftanzoglio for 2 years with 1 year option in case construction of New Toumba is delayed. PAOK will pay for certain upgrades to the stadium (new dressing rooms, VIP boxes, etc.). Other teams (Iraklis, Aris, Panserraikos) can use the stadium at the same time, but will not be able to use the facilities at the stadium that were upgraded and paid for by PAOK.

• 2 weeks later...

Well technically Kaftanzoglio IS that neutral ground. Same with OAKA I guess (even if both locations do have permanent tenants). Honestly, I think publicly-financed stadium construction is a horrible idea even in a country with a healthy economy - in Greece, I could only imagine the graft that would result if the government would start building stadiums again.

Probably not until next year. The plan is to sign the agreement to use Kaftanzoglio sometimes in May of 2018.

I think all the timing depends on the acquisition of all the permits from the national and local authorities.

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, pash said:

Savvidis is also running his mouth (on instagram) again. Says our new stadium will be 40k+

Seems to really like Krasnodar's stadium.

Had a look out of curiosity on Wikipedia and it states that the stadium cost 250 million euros to build.  I can’t fathom Savvidis spending that much.

I prefer stadiums to be industrial, imposing and intimidating stadiums with lots of concrete and steel etc. fans close to the pitch and right on top of the players with a roof that keeps the noise in and amplifies it.

So many modern stadiums are now geared towards corporate friendly aesthetics with glass and wide open spaces.

Edited by DunfermlineAthleticPAOK

I’m probably going to be howled at, but I’m not 100% sure about getting a modern stadium with the seats next to the ground.  I’ve grown attached to the daggy running track around our ground.  Maybe I need to see a shrink.

On another note, can you imagine the decibels with our fans so close to the pitch ?  We’ll be sued to kingdom come by players and officials for hearing loss and psychological trauma.  They’ll need to start deducting points just to control our fans!  Too LOUD -3 points for you!

If the kid still posts things on Instagram about 40K stadium, that means that we are nowhere near building the damn thing. The final plans (and capacity) should have already been set in stone and the only thing we should be doing is forcing the government to issue the permits to start the construction now that we got them by the balls.

Yes, the plans should have long been done by now & released. 

After all, wasn't the original pipe dream last year, that we would have already vacated Toumba by May? With the Kaftanzoglio in use from this season? 

It's just a dream, not a goal with a plan.