Phantis Forums

Anorthosis vs Tottenham

DUDE

Toward the end of the half (last 10 mins) Tottenham began to take over and Defoe missed a sitter from 6 yards and later hit the post with another sitter (poor finishing from him). The fans have been brilliant and a real credit to the club, 6-1 down and they haven't stopped chanting! THAT'S THE HELLENIC SPIRIT GAMOTO!!! :gr:

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANO 1 - 0 SPURS!!!

FABINHO WITH A GREAT STRIKE!!!

GAMA TOUS TIN MANA ANO-OLE, OLE, OLE!!!!

EISAI STO MIALOOOOO

TO KATI MAGIKOOOOOO

OPOU PAS ESEI,

8A'ME PANTA EDW

NA SOU TRAGOUDW!!!!!!

ANO-LE, OLE, ANO-LE OLE,

ANO-LE, OLE, ANO-LE OLE, ANO-LE OLE!!!!

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Inches wide by Laban for Ano, very nearly 2! Konstantinou and Nikolaou have been amazing at centre-back! Why on earth didn't they play in the first leg???

Anyway, Tottenham have Keane, Defoe and Bent on up front, they're getting desperate!!!

I don't know what anyone else thinks but I thought Ano was too set in their play: short passes and slow buildup. If they were more flexible with a little sense of emergency in their play, they could've given Spurs a run for their money as they did between 10' and 30' of the first game as well as in the second leg.

I don't know what anyone else thinks but I thought Ano was too set in their play: short passes and slow buildup. If they were more flexible with a little sense of emergency in their play, they could've given Spurs a run for their money as they did between 10' and 30' of the first game as well as in the second leg.

I disagree file mou. Imo, the only chance a team like Ano has against a side like Spurs is to control the tempo and keep possession, hence short passes. (Much like Larissa's first leg performance against Blackburn). I think we failed on 3 counts:

1: They were overwhelmed by the 1st leg occasion. Simple passes were being miscontrolled, they seemed reluctant to enter a physical battle, etc.

2: A lack of concentration. Conceding 3 goals in 3 minutes is ridiculous, I don't care who you are or who you're playing.

3: Incorrect tactics. Ketsbaia's a legend at Ano but he made mistakes. How can he play Nikolaou in centre-mid in the 1st leg when he is Cyprus' best defender. The combination of him and Konstantinou at centre-back in the 2nd leg coped very well.

I'm not saying Ano would have won, but if we'd kept the score down to 3-1 away instead of conceding those 3 goals in 3mins JUST BEFORE HALF TIME ( :( ) There's no telling what could have happened. Even Robbie Keane said that the score flattered Spurs and bear in mind that Ano took the lead in Cyprus and had a few chances to make it 2-0. The point is I disagree with Olympiakara2005, the score does matter. Spurs are vastly superior to Ano but Ano aren't terrible. If they were in the Superleague they wouldn't get relegated, and look at what Larissa & Aris acheived against superior opposition. You have to aim high and the only way to acheive great things is by eradicating mistakes like the one's Ano made.

Archived