Phantis Forums

Anorthosis vs Tottenham

DUDE

I hope the best for u guys but this looks grim.It would be lovely but it will take 2 games of full concentration and no mistakes whatsoever.You never know.

It's practically impossible re file, but I'll be there, and if we manage it 8a ta kapsoume ola!!! :gr:

its really not that bad......i mean Tottenham is a more complete team, but a hard effort over two games and a bit of luck and a close tie even a win is possible.....

I mean eventually Greek teams will have to make a shock right? and bonus that teams like Tottenham dont put any interest in European play - while for Anorthosis lives for it.

its really not that bad......i mean Tottenham is a more complete team, but a hard effort over two games and a bit of luck and a close tie even a win is possible.....

I mean eventually Greek teams will have to make a shock right? and bonus that teams like Tottenham dont put any interest in European play - while for Anorthosis lives for it.

File mou I think you've misunderstood Tottenham a bit. They put all their efforts into Europe (last year they went out to the eventual winners Sevilla in the quarters or semis... AND that was a very controversial win as Sevilla won a dodgy penalty when 1-0 down at home). Spurs have a good history in Europe and they take great pride in their European ventures.

When Tottenham have the ball they are as good as any other top team in the Premiership at passing, attacking, etc. (except for Arsenal maybe who are the best passing team England has ever seen). Spurs have top class attacking players like Robbie Keane, Bent, Defoe, Jenas, and to top it off they have the world class Dimitar Berbatov pulling the strings. Their weakness however is their defence. Today Tottenham scored 3 (AGAIN) but, suprise, suprise, they conceded 3 (they were equalised against in the last minute). With the injury of Ledley King (their best defender), the only other defensive player that has been consistent is Chimbonda (the right-back), the rest have not been good consistently. So a good side will always be confident of getting goals/chances against them BUT a team like Anorthosi will probably just get completely outplayed and not get a chance to exploit Tottenham's defence.

If Ano are to have any hope they have to really make it a physical game with lot's of closing down. Basically, a man-to-man marking job throughout the team, because if you give Tottenham time and space to play they will destroy you!

• 3 weeks later...

That's Title-holders APOEL ;)

Anyway, for those of us in the UK, the game will be on ITV4.

:LOL: I meant title challengers for this year :P

I'll be at the game on Thursday, but I expect a raping... if Oly can't beat Lazio at home, what chance to Ano have away to Tottenham? :bangin:

Just came back from the game. The class was just too big in the end. The fans were great though, we never stopped singing! There were a couple of sour points though were a full scale riot nearly broke out.

Some c*** wearing a Besiktas shirt who was sitting in the Tottenham section and he out and took out a big Turkish flag, while the whole Tottenham South Stand started chanting "TURKEY! TURKEY!" Needless to say many Ano fans went nuts charged the barrier seperating the fans so they could get to the Turk (not me of course, I'm a good boy), and the stewards and police formed a barrier to protect him. Some Ano fans were arrested. The Turk didn't expect that reaction, he s%$#! his pants and started pointing to the Cypriots and asking the police for help. At which point he was told it was his fault and he was ushered out of the stadium & the Ano fans rocked the staidum with the ear-splittingly-loud chants of "I KIPROS EINAI ELLINIKI!!!" It also turned a bit sour when we started chanting "3-1 to the Arsenal!", and "ADE-BAYOR! ADE-BAYOR!". Anyway, the atmosphere was great, Tottenham would score and within 20 seconds Ano fans were chanting again.

Shame Ano drew Spurs, and to be honest the team didn't play well. We passed the ball poorly which is a shame because had we lost and played our best football I'd be satisfied to be play poorly and lose is disappointing. I mean after Tottenham's early goal from a corner Ano were the better side then we conceded 3 goals in 3 mins! :o There's no excuse for that.

Anyway, Ano the Giant Killer couldn't do it this time round, but they had the balls and passion to push forward & get a goal when 5-0 down! Maybe the talent was missing but the Greek spirit wasn't! :gr: In conclusion, F*** TOTTENHAM, I HOPE THE GET ARSE-RAPED BY A GREEK CLUB IN THE LATTER STAGES!!!

Just came back from the game. The class was just too big in the end. The fans were great though, we never stopped singing! There were a couple of sour points though were a full scale riot nearly broke out.

Some c*** wearing a Besiktas shirt who was sitting in the Tottenham section and he out and took out a big Turkish flag, while the whole Tottenham South Stand started chanting "TURKEY! TURKEY!" Needless to say many Ano fans went nuts charged the barrier seperating the fans so they could get to the Turk (not me of course, I'm a good boy), and the stewards and police formed a barrier to protect him. Some Ano fans were arrested. The Turk didn't expect that reaction, he s%$#! his pants and started pointing to the Cypriots and asking the police for help. At which point he was told it was his fault and he was ushered out of the stadium & the Ano fans rocked the staidum with the ear-splittingly-loud chants of "I KIPROS EINAI ELLINIKI!!!" It also turned a bit sour when we started chanting "3-1 to the Arsenal!", and "ADE-BAYOR! ADE-BAYOR!". Anyway, the atmosphere was great, Tottenham would score and within 20 seconds Ano fans were chanting again.

Shame Ano drew Spurs, and to be honest the team didn't play well. We passed the ball poorly which is a shame because had we lost and played our best football I'd be satisfied to be play poorly and lose is disappointing. I mean after Tottenham's early goal from a corner Ano were the better side then we conceded 3 goals in 3 mins! :o There's no excuse for that.

Anyway, Ano the Giant Killer couldn't do it this time round, but they had the balls and passion to push forward & get a goal when 5-0 down! Maybe the talent was missing but the Greek spirit wasn't! :gr: In conclusion, F*** TOTTENHAM, I HOPE THE GET ARSE-RAPED BY A GREEK CLUB IN THE LATTER STAGES!!!

that was an interessting story.. watta bunch of jerks :gr: :gr:

Saw the game...

Anorthosis had a good 20 minute interval between 10' and 30' when they won a couple of corners and missed a chance on a Sosin header.

The British announcers complimented Ano saying that even though they are being outplayed, they are playing a very clean game of football.

PS. How about that ballboy who threw the ball at Loumboutis' you-know-where :LOL:

PS. How about that ballboy who threw the ball at Loumboutis' you-know-where  :LOL:

lol, yeah the whole stadium started pointing at the kid and chanting "yido!" (for those that don't know it's Spurs' nickname, a bit like Oly fans chanting "Gavro"... as if to say he's worthy). We booed of course. It was quite a hostile game off the pitch, and to be honest I was abit disappointed that Ano didn't take that on to the pitch. It was naive to play a good clean game as the commentators were saying, Tottenham were physical (not dirty, but very physical) and most of the time our boys were over powered... show a bit of grit gamoto! The amount of times Huddlestone barged Boaventura off the ball like he was a 5 year old was ridiculous, battle back re! Use your arms to protect the ball, get a hard late challenge in there, so what if you get booked? Let him know you're there for a battle! Telos panton, it was a bit of a raping and I just hope a Greek side get's revenge for us!

IDEAL SCENARIO:

AEK draw Spurs in the semi-final of the UEFA Cup. After a 0-0 draw in Athens, Tottenham take the lead at home through Defoe in the 80th min. Chants of "TURKEY!!! TURKEY!!!" ring around the stadium again... BUT in the 93rd minute Lybe picks up the ball & bends it round Dawson into the corner (ala, Lille goal!). He then runs over to Original and at exactly the same time they all turn to the Spurs fans, grab their big Greek kavles and start chanting "NA TIN POUTSA MOUNIA!" While the Spurs fans look at Original in awe and starting saying "we're sorry for being rude to you and Ano, please don't kill us! Greece is the greatest!" :LOL:

:gr: :gr:

saying "we're sorry for being rude to you and Ano, please don't kill us! Greece is the greatest!" :LOL:

That would be quite the chant! :LOL:

What I'm wondering is this: when sides like these meet a Turkish team, do they also start singing "Greece, Greece" ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived