Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup draw: Blackburn

Ziaka

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larisa was drawn with Blackburn in the 1st round of the UEFA Cup today.

Very difficult draw. Blackburn not only play great football through dangerous players like Bentley, McCarthy, Pedersen and Tugay. But they are also very physical. I can't see Larisa winning this.

• 3 weeks later...

We're underway & Blackburn are on the attack immediately with a dangerous free kick but straight in the arms of the keeper. Larisa have started deep and are playing long balls to Bakayoko who is on his own up front. Only 2 mins gone but I hope this isn't how the team will approach this game.

3 mins gone, corner to Larisa....

shot over the bar by Furster.

The grass is long which is slowing the ball down and Blackburn are struggling with it, especially in midfield. Larisa are winning the ball frequently but the pace of the game is too slow, it's like a friendly. Larisa have to get the ball forward more quickly and Bakayoko needs more support from Cleiton & Alexnadrou because at times he's too isolated.

2-0 LARISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLEITON!!!!

2 GOALS IN 77 SECONDS, WHAT A KAVLA!!!!!

GAMA TOUS TIN MANA AEL!!!

P.S. Blackburn had gone 8 1/2 hours without having conceded a goal in Europe then Larisa bangs in 2!!! Have to keep a clean sheet now! Maybe even get another before HT? THIS IS AMAZING!!!

finallyyyyyyyyy a good lead.....

2-0 in a minute.....

commentators are total idiots and are jinxing it though...

I guess this is Donis' F*** you to blackburn - didnt the fans hate him or something?

We need a third to collapse them....keep the zero is total priority right now...

Best of Luck to ALL Greek teams...

PAME AELARA!

I'm off to the Tottenham Anorthosi game... but I'm in dream land with this game. It could be one of the greatest ever results for a Greek club when you consider that Blackburn are one of the stronger English clubs & Larisa only survived relegation by 1 point last year! Unless Larisa win 3-0 I still think Larisa are favourites to qualify but Blackburn are about to go with 3 up front so Larisa can get a third!

Bakayoko just missed a SITTER gamoto!!!

Any way, good luck to all the Greek clubs tonight!

EKANE TO BAM I LARISA :tup:

Finally a Greek team that played with some balls in an international competition. They did all of Greece proud. Gongrats to Larisa.

Pame yia to double simera me ton ARI.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Archived