13 Middlesbrough FC 30 31

14 Reading FC 30 28

15 Newcastle United FC 29 28

16 Sunderland AFC 30 27

17 Birmingham City FC 29 26

18 Bolton Wanderers FC 29 25

19 Fulham FC 30 23

20 Derby County FC 30 10

Ben Foster, the future England goalie, is about to play this Saturday.

He had a great game! The save to deny Miller was great and may win you the league! Bear in mind they would have been 1-0 up if he scored that. He looks quite good.

He had a great game! The save to deny Miller was great and may win you the league! Bear in mind they would have been 1-0 up if he scored that. He looks quite good.

Correct!

Without him, we would have lost. He is gonna play against Bolton on Wednesday and maybe against Liverpool!

With Hart, Green, Carson and an in-form James, Capello must be relieved.

Correct!

Without him, we would have lost. He is gonna play against Bolton on Wednesday and maybe against Liverpool!

With Hart, Green, Carson and an in-form James, Capello must be relieved.

Mate you're preaching to the converted. Despite the delusions of many of the Greek posters here :P England has an array of world class (or potentially world class) goal keeping talents. It'll be interesting to see who Capello goes with. Personally I think James is top class & should be no.1 .

This Week's Premiership Results

22/3/08

Tottenham 2 - 0 Portsmouth

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Sunderland

Blackburn 3 - 1 Wigan Athletic

Bolton W. 0 - 0 Manchester City

Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Derby County

Newcastle 2 - 0 Fulham

Reading 2 - 1 Birmingham

Everton 1 - 1 West Ham

23/3/08

Manchester U. 3 - 0 Liverpool

Chelsea 2 - 1 Arsenal

The Next Premiership Fixtures

29/3/08

Manchester United - Aston Villa

Arsenal - Bolton

Portsmouth - Wigan

Reading - Blackburn

Birmingham - Manchester City

Sunderland - West Ham

Derby - Fulham

30/3/08

Chelsea - Middlesbrough

Liverpool - Everton

Tottenham - Newcastle

Surprising hey?

I can't get my head around the fact that Green is not called up <_<

I'm not a big fan of Green's to be honest. He's a stable keeper, but rarely pulls of great saves. As England's number 3 he'd be fine, but because you guys are so strong in that position I think there are better keepers. Robinson has been linked with Villa so if he goes I'm sure he'll sort out his career. So I think next year he'll be no.2 behind James.

Congratulations on today's results btw. The league is by no means over but you're def in the driving seat now. Arsenal have been shocking in the last 5 games and have once again showed that they do not have the grit, mental strength or the defensive solidarity to be champions. Let's not even discuss Liverpool (although I thought Mascherano's red was a joke). Chelsea seem to be picking up momentum and will give you guys a run for your money imo. But I still think Man Utd are the most ruthless team in the league, and I really can't see you blowing 5 points (in effect 6 because of the GD). But having said all that I'll refrain won't congratulate you on the league just yet! :P

Btw, what's your view on Ronaldo? Are you in the camp that believes he's as good as George Best, the best in the world, etc. Or do you feel that he under-performs in the big games.

It's a weird one because although he has 33 goals this year (amazing!!!!!) he only has 4 assists, which for a winger is poor. And although he scored today, he didn't play well, and he never seems to play well against the very best. So what's the reason for it? Is he overrated or is just coincidence in your opinion?

I'm not a big fan of Green's to be honest. He's a stable keeper, but rarely pulls of great saves. As England's number 3 he'd be fine, but because you guys are so strong in that position I think there are better keepers.  Robinson has been linked with Villa so if he goes I'm sure he'll sort out his career. So I think next year he'll be no.2 behind James.

Green has been called since Kirkland is injured.

Having said that, the future of England lies in Joe Hart and Ben Foster who are clearly above the likes of Robinson or James.

Robinson might go to Villa if Carson is sent back to Liverpool. It seems that Benitez would like to put Reina under competition.

Congratulations on today's results btw. The league is by no means over but you're def in the driving seat now. Arsenal have been shocking in the last 5 games and have once again showed that they do not have the grit, mental strength or the defensive solidarity to be champions.

Wenger is too much of a continental to win the League.

People are always questioning the lack of English players in his starting XI and I think that's what Arsenal are missing. I have the feeling that the Gunners lack of this "fighting spirit" that British players have.

Let's not even discuss Liverpool (although I thought Mascherano's red was a joke).

The FA spent the week saying "do not talk to referees" and what does Mascherano? He yells at the referee for the whole of the first half. Rightly deserved.

Liverpool have a random team and - as such - random results.

Chelsea seem to be picking up momentum and will give you guys a run for your money imo. But I still think Man Utd are the most ruthless team in the league, and I really can't see you blowing 5 points (in effect 6 because of the GD). But having said all that I'll refrain won't congratulate you on the league just yet!  :P

As you said, the league is far from over. Our remaining fixtures are tough with a VERY difficult April (Boro, Arsenal, Blackburn, Roma twice, Chelsea).

The next game is at home against Villa, another tough team with a great manager - Martin O'Neil - and some good players upfront.

This season we have been very consistent though and we did not have many injuries. The squad is back to full availability which is just what we need.

Chelsea are going to be a major threat but if Arsenal lose against us at home then we might go to Stamford Bridge with enough points to be champions in West London.

Btw, what's your view on Ronaldo? Are you in the camp that believes he's as good as George Best, the best in the world, etc. Or do you feel that he under-performs in the big games.

I tend not to judge a player when he plays for Manchester United. If he keeps on like this though, we will become a legend at Old Trafford. He has improved a lot since he arrived , he has stopped his silly little tricks that were useless and is more clinical in front of goal.

Without playing well, he is always a threat.

It's a weird one because although he has 33 goals this year (amazing!!!!!) he only has 4 assists, which for a winger is poor. And although he scored today, he didn't play well, and he never seems to play well against the very best. So what's the reason for it? Is he overrated or is just coincidence in your opinion

In this stat, you have to see that he is the one taking most free-kicks - especially when Hargreaves is not playing - and he is the one taking all penalties.

As you said, his performances are not great against the big teams but this season he has always emerged at some point of these games with a trick or a goal which proves his talent in a way (and he has stopped diving).

ferguson was very clever calls for a strong ref and for protection for ronaldo, meanwhile he instructs his defenders to kick lumps out of torres. man u will win the league, and probably the european cup too, they tend to get decisions go their way and have an ability to win when they play poorly and when they click they're awesome.

i noticed the media coverage of mascherano was way over the top, i just hope the same coverage is given to the likes of terry and rooney in future.

@arsenal. i don't think the lack of english players is a problem, to me its not important, 11 english players or 11 foreign makes no difference to me. put ronaldo(and a decent keeper) in that team and i'm sure they'd win the league

29/03/08

Birmingham C. 3 - 1 Manchester C.

Bolton W. 2 - 3 Arsenal

Derby County 2 - 2 Fulham

Portsmouth 2 - 0 Wigan Athletic

Reading 0 - 0 Blackburn R.

Sunderland 2 - 1 West Ham U.

Manchester U. 4 - 0 Aston Villa

30/03/08

Chelsea 1 - 0 Middlesbrough

Tottenham H. 1 - 4 Newcastle U.

Liverpool 1 - 0 Everton

05/04/08

Man. City - Chelsea

Arsenal - Liverpool

Blackburn - Tottenham

Aston Villa - Bolton

Newcastle - Reading

Fulham - Sunderland

Wigan - Birmingham

06/04/08

Middlesbrough - Man. United

Everton - Derby

08/04/08

West Ham - Portsmouth

05/04/08

Arsenal 1 - 1 Liverpool

Aston Villa 4 - 0 Bolton W.

Blackburn R. 1 - 1 Tottenham H.

Manchester C. 0 - 2 Chelsea

Newcastle U. 3 - 0 Reading

Wigan Athletic 2 - 0 Birmingham C.

06/04/08

Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Manchester U.

Everton 1 - 0 Derby County

08/04/08

West Ham U. 0 - 1 Portsmouth

12/04/08

Birmingham - Everton

Derby - Aston Villa

Reading - Fulham

Sunderland - Man. City

Tottenham - Middlesbrough

Bolton - West Ham

Portsmouth - Newcastle

13/04/08

Liverpool - Blackburn

Man. United - Arsenal

14/04/08

Chelsea - Wigan

Big game this week for Arsenal and Utd. Unless Arsenal bring in some defensive quality they'll never be able to cope with Utd's attack. It's a shame because Arsenal are actually a better football team in my opinion, they just are as assurred as they should be in defence.

Should be exciting though. I'm guessing Utd will win 2-1.

This Week's Premiership Rresults

12/04/08

Birmingham C. 1 - 1 Everton

Bolton W. 1 - 0 West Ham U.

Derby County 0 - 6 Aston Villa

Reading 0 - 2 Fulham

Sunderland 1 - 2 Manchester C.

Tottenham H. 1 - 1 Middlesbrough

Portsmouth 0 - 0 Newcastle U.

13/04/08

Liverpool 3 - 1 Blackburn R.

Manchester U. 2 - 1 Arsenal