Phantis Forums

FIFA 08

Genome

Fifa 08 topic, ...

does anyone know whether there will be a Greek league included in the game or if we're just gonna have four teams in "Rest of the World" again? There's some info on Wiki but whatever's written on there is not always correct. According to those pages the Russian league, A-league and Irish league are already added (although I think only the Irish one has been confirmed), and one more remains to be announced.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More importantly did they put some hair on poor Basinas' head - he should sue

:LOL:

Ok just checked it again, the Wiki Page has been cleaned up (at least for now) and it states that only the Irish league has been confirmed up until now. The Hyundai A-league would be very likely to make its debut, and the last place is still uncertain. It will most probably be either the Greek league, the Argentinian league or the Russian league.

its official. the 3 new leagues are the australian league, the ireland league and the czech republic league. another year with no greek league. THIS SUCKS

Ech ...

what's their problem? Even fifa 2002 or one of those early ones had the Greek league. Pfft... PES7 for me this year :tup:

Ech ...

what's their problem? Even fifa 2002 or one of those early ones had the Greek league. Pfft... PES7 for me this year :tup:

Btw, what were your sources? Because I know this was on wiki, but they removed it again with the reason being that this wasn't confirmed yet. The only confirmed league up until now is the Irish one. There are still two who remain to be anounced.

it was on wiki but they had corrected the russian one with the other two so i figured it would have been confirmed. they r f`ed up over there. but u can almost bet that the australian league will be included. its only been around for 4 years and it will already be in fifa. what crap. lets hope the greek league makes it.

later skaters

it was on wiki but they had corrected the russian one with the other two so i figured it would have been confirmed. they r f`ed up over there. but u can almost bet that the australian league will be included. its only been around for 4 years and it will already be in fifa. what crap. lets hope the greek league makes it.

later skaters

Yeah wiki ... that's what you get when anyone can start writing what they want and call it encyclopedia :D :D

Anyways, I can't find a logical explanation for the Greek league not to be included. I mean if you compare to some other leagues in there with way worse teams, I just don't see why they don't include the Greek league. It was in FIFA once, I believe FIFA 2002 or an even earlier one, not sure. Is it because EPO has to pay something? Or they ask too much money for the league to be in the game? I seriously don't get why there are leagues like the Belgian or Korean one and not the Greek?

Let's hope they start making some sense this year!

• 4 weeks later...

ya teh source was a friend of mine living in the uk. he sent me a file that has screenies from fifa 08. and it showed Aris Fc vs Apollon Kalamarias and it had Veria vs Larisa.

BUT it was a patch that he got from some kind of internet source is what he told me so im not even sure if its fifa 08 or a patch for older versions of fifa. im not sure anymore.

but one thing is for sure... fifa will release the names of the final two league by august 11th they said. so ill just wait til then

sorry for the supposed excitement mate!

Since i am gone from Greece many years i remember a version that had the greek league and it had sotirakopoulo as the commentetor.That did not happen for all the other ones??

Seems like two out of three new ones have already been confirmed. These are the Irish and Czech leagues. One more is to be announced. I think chances are it's going to be the Australian league, but I'm keeping my hopes up for the Greek league!

Edit: the Czech league hasn't been confirmed yet. There was no official source for this news. So the two new leagues remain to be announced.

• 1 month later...

... :D

Anyways I played the FIFA08 demo a few days ago and I gotta say: disappointment! First off there's what we already knew: no Greek league <_< .

Get that Greek league in by the next FIFA, EA! It's really not that difficult.

Aside from that, this game only has some minor improvements compared to FIFA07, somewhat better graphics etc, some bugs cleared, and the AI seems a bit better. But not worth the €50 or more they will probably ask for this game. Anyways, it was just a demo, so I guess I can't judge it 'til it's there in its full form.

Now I'm just curious on how the Greek NT and AEK will be in this game.

Archived