Phantis Forums

This comes as a bit of a shock - I give the kid credit for embracing his roots.

I think making the olympic team will be much harder than he thinks - that said if he turns out to be as good as many think he may have a long career with the Ethniki :gr:

I remember seeing this kid walking around the GOYA tournaments in the Cleveland/Akron area where I'm from. He was like 6 feet tall at the age of 14. I don't know about making the Greek national team, but what a thrill that would be. Good luck Kosta.

im sure hes good but if hes serious about playing for greece he should play a few seasons there and get used to the international game...

The strength of our basket is more than just individual skills.... and we already have Sofoklis the role of the "8yrio" and im not sure we need another just yet within 1 year of the olympics.... particularly one with no professional experience....... Greece and the Greek league is a very high level of play, far greater than what Americans percieve it to be.....to waltz on to the national team you need some serious potential and talent, being "upcoming" and known in America among recruiters is simply not good enough....but if he was invited by them that means theyre going to find out and decide....

Archived