Phantis Forums

Panionios 3-1 AEK

ukchris

We did it! We're in the UEFA Cup! I can't quite believe it. When PAOK went ahead against OFI after 59 minutes, with the Panthers drawing 1-1, it looked like we were going to miss out. Then we scored in the 69th minute. And then we scored again in the 70th minute. Unbelievable. WE'RE IN THE UEFA CUP!

Funny that we did it by beating AEK at home too - that was the result that first got me supporting the Panthers seven years ago (I went along to see them because I was in Athens on a Saturday night and they were the only team playing).

To think this time last year we only avoided relegation by winning on the last day of the season.

I became an uncle for the first time today too. It has been a Very, Very, Very Good Day.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pah! I'm guessing we won fair and square! Our home record has been superb over the last few months!

Hey Chris, Im not trying to take away from the win. Panionios has a great team and deserves to play in UEFA.

Kai palh CONGRATS!!!

Great victory today, well done Panionios!!!

You guys fully deserve a spot in next season's Uefa Cup! :gr:

I agree the coach is one of the best and the roster too,but even OFI or Paok deserve it...AH Larsa Larsa se eida kai lahtarsa.Krima omada b ethnikis na vgainei UEFA....

bro larisa finished 9 points behind the uefa slot in spite of being decimated with injuries all season long. they are a young team and i predict a bright future for them. their cup run proved that they had a good team. it was so tight these last few weeks that with certain teams '' dropping points'' made it bigger from 8th to 13th.

PAO losing to Atromitos.

Pao losing to ergotelis.

Aek dropping points against xanthi and panionio.

if u think about it... a team liek atromitos won against pao and aris away and still had only 5 points more then larisa.

the league is better like this. a smaller team winning the cup is the best thing that can happen to the ''Super League''

if Espagnol can make it to the finals of the UEFA cup by barely surviving relegation the previous year, then so be it.

Cup soccer is much more entertaining cuz its do or die.

during the season, u never know how many teams actually lost games or "'LOST'' games. two wins here or there and the 6th and 7th team could been surpassed by ergotelis.

by the way... larisa now has 2 cups and a protathlima in the past 22 years. that is sorta comparable to AEK and pao.. no?

• 1 month later...

Two teams with higher coefficient then Panionio are in trouble of being ousted from the intertoto cup. those teams are for Maccabi Haifa and one more whos name escapes me. 4 more surprises in the qualification and panionio can be in the fav side of 2nd round qualies come draw time along with panathinaikos. and if ofi can eliminate Liberec, that will only leave 3 surprises needed. it will help us to get more then 3 teams in europe this year. COME ON GUYS

Archived