Phantis Forums

CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE FOR 2007/08

What worries me is that it looks like we are going to make the same mistakes like we do every year.

This is our current roster

Goal-keeper

71. Antonios NIKOPOLIDIS

74. Tomislav BUTINA

87. Leonidas PANAGOPOULOS

Defender

2. Christos PATSATZOGLOU

3. Didier DOMI

14. Michal ZEWLAKOW

21. Grigoris GEORGATOS

22. Erol BULUT

30. Anastasios PANTOS

32. Georgios ANATOLAKIS

35. Vassilis TOROSSIDIS

55. Julio CEZAR

Midfielder

6. Ieroklis STOLTIDIS

7. Nery Alberto CASTILLO

8. Milos MARIC

11. Predrag DJORDJEVIC

16. Marco NE

17. Yiannis TARALIDIS

28. Konstantinos MENDRINOS

36. Yiannoulis FAKINOS

Forward

9. Yiannis OKKAS

10. Vitor Borba Ferreira RIVALDO

18. Felix BORJA

23. Michalis KONSTANTINOU

40. Haruna BABANGIDA

77. Charilaos PAPPAS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are going to move on and progress we should release the following players from our roster,

74. Tomislav BUTINA

21. Grigoris GEORGATOS

22. Erol BULUT

30. Anastasios PANTOS

32. Georgios ANATOLAKIS

16. Marco NE

17. Yiannis TARALIDIS

36. Yiannoulis FAKINOS

40. Haruna BABANGIDA

77. Charilaos PAPPAS

9. Yiannis OKKAS

18. Felix BORJA

If we are going to move on and progress we should release the following players from our roster,

74.  Tomislav BUTINA

87.  Leonidas PANAGOPOULOS

21.  Grigoris GEORGATOS

22.  Erol BULUT

30.  Anastasios PANTOS

32.  Georgios ANATOLAKIS

16.  Marco NE

17.  Yiannis TARALIDIS

28.  Konstantinos MENDRINOS

36.  Yiannoulis FAKINOS

40.  Haruna BABANGIDA

77.  Charilaos PAPPAS

9.  Yiannis OKKAS

18.  Felix BORJA

Every time Okkas plays he causes problems for the opposition. I never know why so many Oly fans dont like him! Blackburn, Bolton, Man City, and Wigan have shown keen interest in him. He's good enough for the Prem but not for Oly? Is it because he doesnt get goals? He's not a striker! What he offers is different than that. How can anyone justify letting him go when we have a problem on the right side of midfield?? He plays on the wing for Cyprus and he's been devastating against teams like Germany and France, yet he's not good enough for Oly?

Also you dont get rid of your young players mate... we need to keep players like Pappas on the roster.

Reports are that Kokallis is offering 10 million euro for Tunjay! Is he on crack or what??? EISE m#$%!S SOCRATI!!!!

Dude, Tuncay Sanli would be a great addition to our team. I don't care if he's Turkish, he's a proven goalscorer. That's something Kokkalis does need to address. I'm with you on keeping Okkas, he can still play good football, he hustles alot from half of the other "kimismeni". :LOL:

Well done Kokkalis gets rid of the best player we have and he is willing to give 10 million euros for Tuncy or what ever his name is

Well, although he plays for FeBe and I hate him as a Gala fan, Tuncay is miles better a player than the lazy, unable-to-score Cypriot squat..

If Oly signs Tuncay, FeBe will be in tatters next year, which is good for both ways :tup:

Dude, Tuncay Sanli would be a great addition to our team. I don't care if he's Turkish, he's a proven goalscorer. That's something Kokkalis does need to address. I'm with you on keeping Okkas, he can still play good football, he hustles alot from half of the other "kimismeni". :LOL:

Whether he is Turkish, Greek, or from Mars doesnt make a different to his talent. He's a good player but is not worth 10 million euro. He isnt worth half that!

GS1905: Okkas lazy?? If you're going to judge a player at least watch him first.

Funny how half the Premiership wants Okkas and only Oly and Villareal are interested in Tuncay <_<

tuncay is widely regarded as better than okkas no doubt about it.

half the premiership chasing okkas has to be a rumour. you occassionally hear about him and blckburn but it stops there. if i see a player like konstantinou not being able to find a international team that wanted himbefore signing for olympiakos, i doubt okkas will end up anyplace special except for olympiakos. he has vast potential but is nothing special at the end of the day not even by greek league standards. if you look at it realistically. whereas tuncay is one of the best players in the turkish league, which i would say is on par with the superleague.

still, i also think the 10 mio is too much. and lets be real kokkalis will never spend that much.

I dont think that he is going to join Olympiakos. Because I believe that since he is important for our team and very talented, we are not going to leave him. Only very high values or very good teams in good leagues can take him from us.

Tuncay Sanli is not only goal-scorer. In addition to this he works his ass of for his team there are few players who run and make press to their opponents as much as he does. He is fast, he used to be selfish but he is not like that anymore. He currently plays as a wing player but he still scores more than our forward Kezman. Anyway he is really good I dont think our president leave him for low values since we are the richest team of Turkey.

But If you are crazy enough to pay more than 10 million euros. Go ahead get him :D :rolleyes:

hey guys, all of you.. forget about the M10$ fee because Tuncay is going to be a free agent by May 31,2007 as his contract with FeBe is set to expire.. B)

seriously, instead of trying to renew the contract of lazy-ass Alex in February, why didn't Azize go to renew Tuncay? :huh:

tuncay is widely regarded as better than okkas no doubt about it.

Widely regarded to be better by whom? Oly use Okkas incorrectly and because of that he isnt as effective. For Cyprus he's a world-beater. Dont you find it strange that he doesnt perform consistently for Oly, yet for Cyprus he has terrorised teams like France and Germany?

half the premiership chasing okkas has to be a rumour. you occassionally hear about him and blckburn but it stops there.

Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan and Man City have all shown big interest in him! As have Leverkusen and Anderlecht. Its no rumour, he's talented and managers recognize that. When he played against Wales Bellamy said that Okka and Konstantinou were to "very dangerous Premiership-class forwards" and they had to be careful. After the France game both Vieira and Christenval described him as the "Brilliant little forward". Plus, Greece's most successful manager (Bajevic) loves him. All this must mean something!

The problem is that he doesnt get the credit for the things he does. For example, in the game against PAO at home he made that world class bicycle kick pass to Castillo who missed a sitter. If that was Ribo everyone would be talking about but with Okkas it wasnt mentioned. Last week he received the ball with a great first touch in a great position in the "whole" to set off on a run. When 4 players were drawn to him he played a perfectly weighted ball to Djole who crossed with Stoltidi eventually scoring a bicycle kick. It looked so simple but was so effective. As I said, he doesnt get credit for that type of thing though in Greece.

come on, DUDE...you make it look as if okkas is superb. please "world beater" and terrorising teams like france and germany. he had some good games but mexri ekei. torghelle once beat germany on his own in germany, so is he a hyperpaixtara now??

okkas is a "premiership-class forward" that seldom finds the net and needs millions of chances to score at superleague level. olympiakos dont use him right? perhaps but even at paok he wasnt in the top 10 players of the greek league. he is good by super league standards. he had the potential for a great international career but nothing came of it. nothing. the other premiership class forward konstantinou who actually scores and had an impressive cl season did not find ONE team that really wanted him. thats why michalakis had to break his promise and wear the thrylos shirt. what players and managers say, who is interested, etc. is of no value. whereas you overexaggerate every stupid comment ever made or written. juve were interested in mavrogenidis once. so? he is at iraklis now and avoided relegation by an inch. what counts is will the player actually end up in a top team? the premier league teams you mention are mediocre and IF he ever gets there what his role will be is another question.

bajevic loves him? yet in the most important game ever for olympiakos at anfield okkas got three minutes. okkas at olympiakos had some good moments with bajevic in charge, at aek he was garbage. with paok he was good.

he doesnt get credit for the things he does? but lets be real he doesnt do much and some flashes of brilliance that dont turn into anything dont make him a superstar. who cares. its not that the press is against okkas. he is not the great player you try to make him.

i get the impression you just overexaggerate greek and especially cypriot players too quick.

Goal-keeper

71. Antonios NIKOPOLIDIS

74. Tomislav BUTINA

Defender

2. Christos PATSATZOGLOU

3. Didier DOMI

14. Michal ZEWLAKOW

21. Grigoris GEORGATOS

22. Erol BULUT

30. Anastasios PANTOS

32. Georgios ANATOLAKIS

35. Vassilis TOROSSIDIS

55. Julio CEZAR

Midfielder

6. Ieroklis STOLTIDIS

7. Nery Alberto CASTILLO

8. Milos MARIC

11. Predrag DJORDJEVIC

16. Marco NE

17. Yiannis TARALIDIS

36. Yiannoulis FAKINOS

Forward

9. Yiannis OKKAS

18. Felix BORJA

40. Haruna BABANGIDA

77. Charilaos PAPPAS

Apart from 10. Vitor Borba Ferreira RIVALDO can any of these players play for a team that has made the CL semi finals in the last ten years!

come on, DUDE...you make it look as if okkas is superb. please "world beater" and terrorising teams like france and germany. he had some good games but mexri ekei.

Yes he did terrorise France and Germany. They actually couldn't handle him!

okkas is a "premiership-class forward" that seldom finds the net and needs millions of chances to score at superleague level.

He isnt a goal scorer though. That's not what he offers the team.

he had the potential for a great international career but nothing came of it. nothing.

I agree that he didnt live up to his potential but that doesnt mean he is "Nothing". In a sense I hope he does go to the Prem to prove his ability because he's been wasted in this league.

the other premiership class forward konstantinou who actually scores and had an impressive cl season did not find ONE team that really wanted him. thats why michalakis had to break his promise and wear the thrylos shirt.

No I dont think Konstantinou is Premiership class. He was potentially a top class forward when at Irakli but his injuries ruined him. Okkas is a better all round player than Konstantinou. Having said that Konstantinou's aerial ability is top class and if a team that lacks that option, like Arsenal, had him on the roster he could be effective.

what players and managers say, who is interested, etc. is of no value. whereas you overexaggerate every stupid comment ever made or written. juve were interested in mavrogenidis once. so? he is at iraklis now and avoided relegation by an inch.

Mavrogennidis is 112 years old! :huh:

what counts is will the player actually end up in a top team? the premier league teams you mention are mediocre and IF he ever gets there what his role will be is another question.

Blackburn and Bolton are not mediocre teams. They are both very, very good sides! No they aren't in the top 4 but that would make them World Class.

bajevic loves him? yet in the most important game ever for olympiakos at anfield okkas got three minutes.

So what? What does that have to do with anything? Bajevic played 1 up front (Giovanni) and he made a mistake in not playing Okkas. Does that mean he doesnt rate him? When Chelsea play without Ballack does that mean Mourinho doesnt rate him? In the first game against Liverpool at Karaiskaki he was the best player on the pitch along with Pantos and Stoltidis.

he doesnt get credit for the things he does? but lets be real he doesnt do much and some flashes of brilliance that dont turn into anything dont make him a superstar. who cares. its not that the press is against okkas. he is not the great player you try to make him.

I never said he's a great player, i said he's a very talented and effective player that doesnt get his work recognised.

i get the impression you just overexaggerate greek and especially cypriot players too quick.

And how did you arrive at that impression. I'm not the 1 that thinks Samaras is class although every Premiership pundit recognises that he's a bum. I'm not the one getting carried away with Geka either.

I rate 2 Cypriot players as very good talents (Okkas, and Alonefti) and Makridi has the ability to be a very good winger. As for the Greeks, I think Seitaridi is world class and Katsourani is a very good midfielder. Potentially, Torosidi is very good too. I like Salpi for his work ethic and because of that I rate him as our best striker, I realise he isn't top class though.

So to summarise the only Greek player I rate as World class is Seitaridi. While I think Katsourani is a very good player. That's a total of 2 players I rate. As for the Cypriots I think Okkas & Konstantinou that's also a total of 2. I think that potentially Torosidi, Papastathopoulos, Makridi, Kapentais, Nini, Alonefti, and Georgallidi are talented youngsters with a good future if they work hard. Thats a total of 7 Greek/Cypriot youngsters I like POTENTIALLY! While I respect Salpi for his work ethic. So how do I over exaggerate Greek/Cypriot players?

Goal-keeper

71. Antonios NIKOPOLIDIS

74. Tomislav BUTINA

Defender

2. Christos PATSATZOGLOU

3. Didier DOMI

14. Michal ZEWLAKOW

21. Grigoris GEORGATOS

22. Erol BULUT

30. Anastasios PANTOS

32. Georgios ANATOLAKIS

35. Vassilis TOROSSIDIS

55. Julio CEZAR

Midfielder

6. Ieroklis STOLTIDIS

7. Nery Alberto CASTILLO

8. Milos MARIC

11. Predrag DJORDJEVIC

16. Marco NE

17. Yiannis TARALIDIS

36. Yiannoulis FAKINOS

Forward

9. Yiannis OKKAS

18. Felix BORJA

40. Haruna BABANGIDA

77. Charilaos PAPPAS

Apart from 10. Vitor Borba Ferreira RIVALDO can any of these players play for a team that has made the CL semi finals in the last ten years!

Imo if we are to make advances into Europe next year the absolute minimum has to be:

At least 6 players:

A goalkeeper, 2 centre-backs, a holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder/magician to replace Ribo, and a striker.

GK: Eleftheropoulos back maybe? How about Richard Wright (Everton), Paddy Kenny (Sunderland), Konstantopoulos (Hartlepool), or Carlo Cudicini (Chelsea).

Centre-Backs: Distin (Free transfer), Casapa (Lyon), Ignasevich (CSKA), Tavlaridis (Lille), Pepe (Porto), Luisao (Benfica), Geder (Spartak Moscow. Or loan options such as Paletta (Liverpool).

Defensive-Midfielders: Flamini (Arsenal), Savage (Blackburn), Ze Roberto (Santos), Jarosik (Celtic), Dudu (CSKA).

Attacking-Midfielders: Veron (Estudiantes), Ivan De La Pena (Espanyol), Dica (Steaua), Daniel Cavarlho (CSKA), Romagnoli (Sporting).

Strikers: Pandiani (Espanyol), Marlon King (Watford), Alves (Heerenveen), Eastwood (Chesterfield), Bianchi (Reggina), Spinesi (Catania), N'Kufo (Twente), Dica (Steaua), Saviola (Barca), Palacio (Boca).

The players are there Kokkali just needs to put his hands in his pocket. Personally, if I was to go for 1 primary target from each player we need I'd go for Konstantopoulos (Hartlepool), Casapa (Lyon), Distin (Free), Dudu (CSKA), Cavarlho (CSKA), King (Watford). This would cost us alot of money but we NEED to spend.

Yes he did terrorise France and Germany. They actually couldn't handle him!

Mavrogennidis is 112 years old! :huh:

I never said he's a great player, i said he's a very talented and effective player that doesnt get his work recognised.

torghelle terrorised germany way more than okkas did. what does that prove??

we all know that okkas has talent and potential. but at age 30, he has not used his potential. you believe he will do so in the premiership. i seriously doubt he will find any international team to take him a serious player. he has chances as the 24 guy on the squad.

by the way mavrogenidis is only two month s older than okkas. i see okkas career going into a similar direction if okkas indeed drop him.

no you never said he is a great player but you said he is better than tuncay who is one of turkeys best. to me thats an overexaggeration.

also if there is one thing okkas definitely isnt , it is effective!!

okkas is not world class..im sorry..this is a silly argument..he is good for the superleague and mb as a sub for a mid level english club. he is a player, like michali that does better internationally than at a club level..he offers speed hard work and trcikery, this is right DUDE, but he is not by any means a player that will change the face of a team...

okkas and michali would prob get a spot on the greek team but that doesnt say very much as rehhagel constantly calls up players like kapsis...so its hard to say whether their hypothetical selection for the nt is justified or not.

okkas is a strong player to have on the squad...off the bench he can create alot of problems because of his speed, but once again, he is not world class and would not be sorely missed if he were to leave olympiakos..

Comparing Okkas to Torghelle is ridiculous, no other word for it. Ridiculous.

Btw, did you see Okkas game against Germany (and esp France) or are you just making whimsy comments?

Okkas isn't a goal scorer but he is VERY clever, works hard, has very good ball control and has a touch of class. If he was eligable don't you think both him and Konstantinou would be in the Greek NT?

i doubt you saw torghelle against germany were he single handedly killed of the german nt and looked like one of the best players out there. he also scored against brazil and argentina. what the hell do some glimpses of brilliance prove? is torghelle a great player? no. same goes for okkas.

i saw okkas against germany and torghelle was better. i dont know which of the many cyprus-france games you are refering to. you probably mean the game okkas scored a superb goal. i havent seen the whole game. dont try to teach me about what okkas CAN do on his day. i saw what he did against monaco in france where he had a great game. he has loads of potential but at the end of the day we are talking about a player that is 30-yrs old and really hasnt lived up to his talent and potential. at olympiakos he has flopped, at aek he was garbage, at paok he had a good spell. not very impressive stats. if bajevic loves him, why hasnt he produced anything notable at aek or olympiakos. i am sure bajevic knows how to use him.

if okkas was eligible, he would have been on the greek nt until 2005. definitely but right now he wouldnt.

the whole thing started with you stating that okkas has more top teams interested in him than tuncay. which is ridiculous!!

its not whimsy comments at all. i am just being realistic here. we saw konstantinou, who had great appearances in the cl and the greek league, not finding a single team interested in him. thats why he signed with olympiakos. what makes you so sure that okkas, who by comparison to konstantinou has a very mediocre cv with just a few glimpses of brilliance, will do better?? and better than tuncay for that reason?

okkas is not world class..im sorry..this is a silly argument..he is good for the superleague and mb as a sub for a mid level english club. he is a player, like michali that does better internationally than at a club level..he offers speed hard work and trcikery, this is right DUDE, but he is not by any means a player that will change the face of a team...

okkas and michali would prob get a spot on the greek team but that doesnt say very much as rehhagel constantly calls up players like kapsis...so its hard to say whether their hypothetical selection for the nt is justified or not.

okkas is a strong player to have on the squad...off the bench he can create alot of problems because of his speed, but once again, he is not world class and would not be sorely missed if he were to leave olympiakos..

I think you're misunderstanding my argument because i pretty much agree with everything you just said.

Tuncay's manager stated that currently there are 4, 5 more teams who are interested with Tuncay.

Also he stated that one of these team is Manchester City...

And he expects that there will be more clubs who will officially want Tuncay Sanli once the Turkish league ends...

P.S: I dont think he is going to join Olympiakos. If he leaves this team will be a team which is in top class leagues of Europe like spain, england, italy and maybe germany...

Tuncay's manager stated that currently there are 4, 5 more teams who are interested with Tuncay.

Also he stated that one of these team is Manchester City...

And he expects that there will be more clubs who will officially want Tuncay Sanli once the Turkish league ends...

P.S: I dont think he is going to join Olympiakos. If he leaves this team will be a team which is in top class leagues of Europe like spain, england, italy and maybe germany...

I hope so!

Archived