Phantis Forums

Eurobasket 2007

Will Greece repeat as European Champions?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will Greece repeat as European Champions?

• Yes
    • No

Unbelievable boys!!! I never gave up on these guys.

I'm following the GameCast play-by-play at the office on the FIBA site, counting the minutes until 5:00, my cutoff to make it to the gym for my 1/2 hour workout and then catch my ride home.

5:00 rolls around. I can't leave. I know they can make it back, even after being down 16 pts. They have enough time. (5 minutes is not enough time for any normal team in the world to surmount a 16 point deficit, but...this is Hellas, boys, this is their money time!!!!).

Then down 12 with 2:40 to play, damn! Then we start draining free throws, then a couple of threes, a couple of steals, Slovenian bricks, time-out, down 1, 14 ticks left.

Deep prayer. I can't believe my eyes, I'd be crushed if they lost now, after being down by so much, only to fall short by one measly point.

Whom does the ball go to? Who else but the best European player around: Teo! Pure drive for the lay-up, we finally regain the lead, our only 2nd half lead, and we kept it for a measly 7 seconds, but baby...that's all we needed it for!!! Game over 7 ticks after Paps' driving lay-up to hurl us face-to-face with the Spaniards once more.

What is the best way to serve revenge again, boys? In a paella...served cold!!!

This is our tourney now!

(So what I was late for the gym, but our magkes gave me so much joy that I ripped through all my sets with plenty of reps (and time) to spare!)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Sharpos @ Sep 14 2007, 04:05 PM)

A miricle turnaround now would be soooo nice!! 

:tup:  :gr:  :gr:  :tup:

I was so down when i wrote that, didnt even bother to find the right letters...never thought that it would actually happen!

:tup: :whistle: :tup:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What a victory, I saw the game and I never thought for 1 single minute Greece was going to pull off another miracle comeback, seems like we Greek fans always write our team off then they are down as much as 15 or 20 points. This game is just as good as the one against France in Eurobasket 2005.

H ELLADA DEN PETHENI :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr:

Another great win for Greece. After being down by 12 points with 2 minutes to go, Greece wins 63-62 against Slovenia and advance to the semis for the eighth time in their history. Greece defeated 3 Balkan teams. Spain is next

Highlights

http://www.goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp...sp?ID=670&Ln=En

GUYS?

PAELIA NITE 2NITE...

MY PLACE....

MY ONLY WORIES IS THAT THE SPANIARDS HAD ONE DAY OF REST.... AND WE HAD A MIRACLE NITE YESTERDAY....

WILL IT BE AGAIN SUNDAY?

I HOPE SO.....

WE HAVE 2 WIN OTHERWISE MY PRIMITIVE GREEK DEFENCE MECHANISM WILL DEVELOP A COMPLEX AGAINST SPAIN...

SAD BUT TRUE.... WE R ALL GAVROI WHEN WE LOSE...

20 YEARS AGO WE HAD SPAIN 4 BREAKFAST... NOW THEYVE GOT I DONT KNOW HOW MANY PLAYERS IN NBA.... AND THE BEST WE HAVE IS A PLAYER IN TSSKA !!!!!

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ON THIS SUBJECT....

THX

PS. ITS THE MEDITERANEANS VERSUS THE "RUSSIANS" :box:

GREECE IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH.... thats why i left..... :tup:

PS. I THINK THEY WILL GIVE IT 2 US... QUEEN SOFIA WILL TELL THEM2 DO SO..... AS ALWAYS AKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES....

pitman13

NBA player or not does not make a diffference.

I would argue that not having NBA players is a reason why Greece has an advantage over other European teams, because we have quality players on the continent that can participate with the national team in many instances unlike the other teams who have to pull the red tape and the guys dont show up till the tournament day if even...

Papaloukas our star player has almost nothing left in him it seems...he had good moments yesterday but hes still the biggest letdown of the tournament....

as for this game......exciting, great to win .......

dont mean to spoil it, but Ive come to expect a lot better from this team, and this tournament has been pretty poor - I expected to make it to the Semi-Finals at least, anything else would have been a total failure.

We have yet to see the team play good basket.... we have all our wins at the last minute vs teams were capable of putting away... except for Portugal, but Portugal is a minnow in basket...

We need to play a lot better than that....even in the last 2 minutes we were missing layups and freethrows...... Granted refereeing was terrible against us, but still we should put the Slovenes away...

i think yo right 4 saying that nba stars cant make it for their nationalteam... they dont show up... if i understood correctly what yo saying...

other than that i dissagree bec the nba competition is at the highest level & the competence earned by a great performance in nba would mean an outstanding perforamnce in european courts.... if they show up.....

and dont tell me, the players that play(ed) in nba are one step higher than the rest... they make the diff in the tournoi....

last but not least if we again score 1 out of 80, 3pointers... we are so,########.

hope 3 spaniards will be on our players so that they can freaken score....

when greeksz are xalaroi/ relaxed, it means taka taka.... (u should add one smily of taka taka i think....)

GOD please help us....

DID U HEAR ME????????????

i dont want 2 feel like a gavroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Can we catch the Spain game on TV, guys?

I live in the People's Republic of Québec where the Videotron monopoly doesn't offer Raptors TV, which is where a buddy of mine and I watched it in 2005 at his place in Ottawa (bless Rogers).

Also, I'd gladly pay the $20 they force me to, for a one month trial of the two Greek channels (Odyssey and ERT World(?)) but I'm not 100% sure the game will be on any of these channels.

Any ideas?

Best start for our ethniki so far in the tournament. This is most deffo a game...just get those rebounds guys!!

Maan, i just dont like the spaniards...they look like bums....nothing intellectual about that thought...but honest :P

Best start for our ethniki so far in the tournament. This is most deffo a game...just get those rebounds guys!!

Maan, i just dont like the spaniards...they look like bums....nothing intellectual about that thought...but honest :P

totally agree ugly mofos! haha

down 5 only 32-37

39-41 at HT

spanoulis is solid: 4/4 including a trey

the crowd (except the ones decked out in blue and white) are totally out of it.

this was a very good half, lots of steals, Spanish TO's, blocks by DD, patience.

One thing worries me, Papaloukas 3 fouls. Giannakis was ballsy to leave him in to close the half.

Archived