Phantis Forums

Eurobasket 2007

Will Greece repeat as European Champions?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will Greece repeat as European Champions?

• Yes
    • No

ive een the head to head match up with greece and pain from 1950 t0 2006 and lets just say its not looking very promising, ive seen alot of 1 point looses, but spain have ruled us , were behind the 8 ball gonna be really tough.

As lond as we can take croatia and pork and cheese we will move on

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think greece looks tp dangerous...we have to wake up if we waanna beat a team like spain. Hopefully we doont play them like last time

:tdown:

Also spanoulis really needs to step upp his game.. He has impressed me this tourney

^

Well, Croatia won in Spain, the same Croatia that lost to Latvia, a team that did not qualify. So, dont think that Spain is as top-notch as they might appear and dont think that Croatia is easily beatable.

Giannakis comments after the Russia game

http://www.goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp...sp?ID=588&Ln=En

^ And there shouldnt any concern as to who will Greece will play against in the quarterfinal other than Slovenia. With the other teams in that division, Greece beat Lithuania last year in FIBA WC 2006. Greece beat France in the quarterfinal of the same tournament and in Eurobasket 2005 semifinal. They also beat Germany in the Eurobasket 2005 final. Slovenia is the team to be concerned with because they were the only team to beat Greece in Eurobasket 2005.

Winning in Spain might not be as hard as beating Croatia because Spain's wins came against Portugal and Latvia, 2 countries who are not known for basketball. Lets see how they will fare against Greece and Russia.

^ And there shouldnt any concern as to who will Greece will play against in the quarterfinal other than Slovenia. With the other teams in that division, Greece beat Lithuania last year in FIBA WC 2006. ...

well, you've got to take Lithuania seriously cuz they're not the team from last year.. Sarunas Jasikevicius, the best motion playmaker in Europe, is back with them and they got rid of their retarded guards Giedrus Gustas and replaced him with Rimantas Kaukenas who is so far one of the most surprising players of this tournament and also off loading Arvidas Maciauskas and giving more responsibilities to the ever-consistent Siskauskas, they are one of the favourites for the tournament and can beat any team in the quarter final from your group except Spain since we all know Spain will at least play the final in this tournament (refs and other stuff with hometeams)..

We played the first half like a bunch of morons.They outscored us 23-15 in the first and 22-9 in the second quarter.We can even buy a basket.I hope they turn it aroun or at least try damn it. :angry:

Another rezili. Let me tell you, Spain is not that good of a team. They are not playing better either. The only guy who is trying anything is Diamantidis and the untalented but tenacious Tsatsaris. It is sad, but since Papaloukas was crying after he lost with TSKA, he seems not to care for the national team. I don't know what is happening to them.

Andrew

if these are the two best national teams europe manages to offer --except Russia and Lithuania noone seems better or equal at least-- than basketball is living its very last moments in this continent.. what the f**k has happened to the tenacious greek team and pacey - technical spanish team from last year? and what was giannakis thinking as he didn't call Sofo Schortsanidis as greece's weakest two points seemed to be an explosive forward (Fotsis that is but he's injured) and a dominating centre?? and I'm repeating an earlier question.. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO LAZARO PAPADOPOULOS..?? he looks like he was in a veteran all-stars game for f** sake!!!

if these are the two best national teams europe manages to offer --except Russia and Lithuania noone seems better or equal at least-- than basketball is living its very last moments in this continent.. what the f**k has happened to the tenacious greek team and pacey - technical spanish team from last year? and what was giannakis thinking as he didn't call Sofo Schortsanidis as greece's weakest two points seemed to be an explosive forward (Fotsis that is but he's injured) and a dominating centre?? and I'm repeating an earlier question.. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO LAZARO PAPADOPOULOS..?? he looks like he was in a veteran all-stars game for f** sake!!!

First of all I would like to ask you if you watch basketball.But with your sayings i presume you dont.The future off basketball is Europe my friend.and you ll see it.I love the european basketball because its a game with substance and not a circus.Here in Europe we play every game as it is the last and not some game to play to entertain people.If you want a game like this then pay the NBAtv to watch it.

Well,before i add something I would like to say that Spain,Italy,Russia,Greece,Slovenia,France,Turkey,Israel,Croazia,Lithuania(and even serbia but now out) are great teams with talented players and anyone of these teams are capable of going to the finals.

Now for the play of greece and spain.

Although I just said that all this teams are capable of being in the finals i believe that Spain,Lithuania,Russia and my homeland are the favourites.The Greeks are playing fantastic defence.But they have a problem in attack.But its a problem that can be solved..Its a matter of time.Well with 3 points in the 2nd group(i mean 2 the groups alltogether) it is very difficult not to pass.Only if portugal and Israel win 3 games in a row we cannot pass,Its imposiible.The spanish and lituanian are fantastic in offence.Espacially for Lithuania.I believe that if the lithuanians are in their day noone but noone,not even the US can stop them.They can do 3pointers with close eyes from the center of the pitch.The Russians were not nothing special,because they were not a team.This year they are,Well done.Holden is not selfish,kirilenko is not the main player and the team works

The important is to pass the qualifiying round and enter to the next fase.Greece and spain and Lituania and russia can masturbate until then(excuse my language)..

If they play like this in the next round,then you can say anything you want.

Now about Sofoklis.He is a great player but all he has in mind are the hamburgers.He was not in condition to follow the team.

And for last I agrre with you what happened to Lazaros.I cannot recognise him

First of all I would like to ask you if you watch basketball.But with your sayings i presume you dont.The future off basketball is Europe my friend.and you ll see it.I love the european basketball because its a game with substance and not a circus.Here in Europe we play every game as it is the last and not some game to play to entertain people.If you want a game like this then pay the NBAtv to watch it.

Well,before i add something I would like to say that Spain,Italy,Russia,Greece,Slovenia,France,Turkey,Israel,Croazia,Lithuania(and even serbia but now out) are great teams with talented players and anyone of these teams are capable of going to the finals.

Now for the play of greece and spain.

Although I just said that all this teams are capable of being in the finals i believe that Spain,Lithuania,Russia and my homeland are the favourites.The Greeks are playing fantastic defence.But they have a problem in attack.But its a problem that can be solved..Its a matter of time.Well with 3 points in the 2nd group(i mean 2 the groups alltogether) it is very difficult not to pass.Only if portugal and Israel win 3 games in a row we cannot pass,Its imposiible.The spanish and lituanian are fantastic in offence.Espacially for Lithuania.I believe that if the lithuanians are in their day noone but noone,not even the US can stop them.They can do 3pointers with close eyes from the center of the pitch.The Russians were not nothing special,because they were not a team.This year they are,Well done.Holden is not selfish,kirilenko is not the main player and the team works

The important is to pass the qualifiying round and enter to the next fase.Greece and spain and Lituania and russia can masturbate until then(excuse my language)..

If they play like this in the next round,then you can say anything you want.

Now about Sofoklis.He is a great player but all he has in mind are the hamburgers.He was not in condition to follow the team.

And for last I agrre with you what happened to Lazaros.I cannot recognise him

agreed about Lithuania and Russia but for now the rest look torrid.. France is athletic but no more.. Croatia is way too inconsistent.. Serbia.. well.. better than Latvia and Portugal only in this tournament in my opinion.. Turkey is simply hapless as team chemistry crumbles with Memo & Hedo in the lineup.. Spain is still a good team but will not make it past the quarters if the tournament was not in their homeland.. Israel looks good but not up there with the elite.. Greece, no.. not in this tournament.. even Papaloukas looks desperate on the field.. only Tsartsaris was trying to do something.. Slovenia, I think, will collapse under pressure but still make the semis at least because everyone around is sucking badly..

most of the teams in this tournament are way out of form, let's face it!

Spain-Greece highlights

http://www.goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp...sp?ID=598&Ln=En

Did not expect to win in Spain but did not expect Greece to play so bad once again. Except for the Israel game, Greece has not performed like champs.

If Greece loses to Croatia, coupled with Israel's expected win against Portugal, the European champions might not pass into the quarterfinals:sad:

Yes you are right but I still believe that is the best tournament in the history.Great teams and players.There are some games left and I believe that the teams will improve.Today for example I watched Italy-Lithuania and Turkey-Slovenia.And the Italians demonstrate a notable improvement.I must admit that I expected more from your team because the players are very talented.Tanjevic its very good coach.You seem to have a defensive problem but I cant explain the results.I did not see the games before

If Greece loses to Croatia, coupled with Israel's expected win against Portugal, the European champions might not pass into the quarterfinals:sad:

You are wrong.Only if they win against Spain and Portugal and we lose against Croatia and win Portugal they pass they pass the round

if they win against Portugal and lose against Spain and we lose against Croatia and win against Portugal,we pass the round because in the 1st group we beat them.

Yes you are right but I still believe that is the best tournament in the history.Great teams and players.There are some games left and I believe that the teams will improve.Today for example I watched Italy-Lithuania and Turkey-Slovenia.And the Italians demonstrate a notable improvement.I must admit that I expected more from your team because the players are very talented.Tanjevic its very good coach.You seem to have a defensive problem but I cant explain the results.I did not see the games before
well, our team has two abject faces.. first is the one we're accustomed to in which our superstars(?) take charge in offence (Hedo - Memo - Ibo & sometimes Ersan).. the other one is our tough defence inside with little offensive efficiency (with Gonlum and Kuqo at the low block). With our second face minus Hedo & Memo plus Serkan Erdogan, we became sixth at last year's World Cup.. With our first face, we simply sucked in 2003, 2005 and now in 2007.. Slovenia, without their major players Primoz Brezec, Marco Milic, Sunny Delightovic and Beno Udrih, simply trounced us in the fourth quarter.. and Tanjevic.. ooh! he's simply gone crazy with his subs and all the stuff.. I would ask for his immediate resignation the day we are out of the tournament which is not far away..

Archived