Phantis Forums

Summer 2007 transfer period

Ziaka

Latest transfer news from PAOK.

At least 5 players will be leaving PAOK: Giasemakis, Torghelle, barcauan, Stojakovic and Indio.

Giasemakis has agreed to leave as long as he receives 240,000 Euro in back wages. PAE PAOK is offering to pay him the money on payment plan.

Torghelle was told to start looking for new team.

Barcauan wants to stay at PAOK, but the team does not have the money to keep him.

Stojakovic and Indio will be released on May 29th.

In other news, PAOK is close to Orfanos from Kalamaria, and will make a move for Psomas from aigaleo, whose contract expires. Also PAOK will make an offer for Schnautzner whose contract at Iraklis also ends.

Finally, PAOK has made a new offer to Mieciel, but reports are that the two sides are way apart as far as the financial terms are concerned. Most likely scenario is for Mieciel to end up at Bochum.

As for the Brazilians, it is reported that they will sign contracts by Monday, so they can take part in the friendly game against the Greek U21 team at Toumba on Tuesday.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost 99% certain that Miciel will leave PAOK after today's developments. PAOK is offering 300K per season for 2 years, while Mieciel wants 400K for 3 years. He's gone.

Also Gonzales will b e asked to take a 20% pay cut, and Giasemakis will be asked to take 40K and the rest (200K) on installmets.

The two Brazilians refused to practice with the team without first signing a contract. it should be noted that the manager that brought in the Brazilians is the same one that brought in Karalic.

Looks loke Fernandez will be gone very soon. I wonder how much we will get for him, I would love to see him return to PAOK in the future.

As for Miecel I don't agree with paying any more than what we have offered, I doubt he can repeat his last season.

Latest transfer news.

One of the Brazilian youngsters, Tafarel was sent packing back to Brazil, following his poor performance in the friendly against the Greek U21 NT. the other youngster, Silva, will be given another chance in the friendly against Giannitsa tommorrow.

The other two Brazilians took part in today's practice for the first time, after receiving the green light that they will be signed to a contract. Alan (27) will sign a 2 year deal worth 200K (80K first year and 120K the 2nd year). Baiano (23) will sign a 3-year deal worth 240K (60K/80K/100K). On top of that PAOK will have to pay 95K to the Brazilian team Rio Branco for their freedom.

Additional PAOK will be trying out another Brazilian. His name is Leo Maritimo (23) and he comes from the team Juventude. Additionaly there are rumors that PAOK might be going after Zao Paolista from Wisla Krakow.

Tommorrow is the day for Mieciel to give his answer to PAOK's latest offer. Apparently there is 20K difference between PAOK's offer and what Mieciel wants.

The two Braizlians signed contracts with PAOK. Another Brazilian was tried today in the friendly game. His name is Mineiro.

Gonzales signed a new contract with PAOK for 2 years, with 30% reduction in salary.

Mieciel left for Poland today without responding to PAOK's offer of 310K for 2 years.

Also rumors are running rampant in Thessaloniki today that Vezyrtzis is selling Fernandes to Sunderland for 1.5 million. Fernandes is supposedly against this move. PAOK fans are expected to be against this move.

PAOK has re-negotiated the contract with Lazaros Christodoulopoulos. The time of the contract has not changed (it ends on June 30, 2010), but the financials have. As a result, Christodoulopouylos will receive 150K Euro in 2007-08 season, 200K in 2008-09, and 250K in 2009-2010. Also there is an option in the contract that if European team offers 4 million Euro to PAOK, Christodoulopulos can brak the contract. the figure is 5 million Euro for a Greek team.

In other transfer news, PAOK is watching a young Hungarian striker Zolt Laczko, who is 21-year old and plays for Ferencvaros and the HUbgarian U21 team. he is a free agent at the end of June.

Additionaly PAok is checking out to African players with Belgian passports.

In a last ditch effort, Koulis Apostolidis has contacted Mieciel to see if has changed his mind about remaining at PAOK, but there was no progress reported.

The two Africans have been rejected by Parashos.

On June fourth another Brazilian is coming in. His name is Elionar, and he has allready agreed to a 2-year deal worth 120K.

PAOk is trying to sign Laczko to a 4-year deal, but it appears that Torghelle has been telling him bad things about PAOK and urging hiim not to sign.

PAOK will make a 700K Euro offer to Cirilo for two years. We are also considering Vladan Ivic, but only if he is released by AEK.

Make it 1 million Euro offer to Cirilo. Even then I don't believe he will come to PAOK. I think that it's just a manager's games right now to increase his price.

If Ivic become free from AEK, PAOK is ready to offer him 250K Euro per year for two year deal.

PAOK is ready to sign the 21-year old Georgios Brekgou from Northern Epirus to a 2-year deal, and then loan him to Panserraikos.

Vaggelis is close to signing a 2-year extension to his contract worth 140K Euro for both years.

Reports are that Mieciel and AEK have been talking.

OK WHICH SOLID PLAYERS DO WE HAVE:

FERNANDEZ

ARABATZIS

MELISSIS

charalabous

BALAFAS

ILLIADIS

ZAGORAKIS

KONSTANTINIDIS

CHRISTODOPOULOS

ATHANASIADIS

We have a good solid back bone it would be great fi we could keep the following:

BARCAUN

MEICEL

We need a the following:

1) money lol

2) RB,CB,LW,RW,AM,CF

LETS ALL DREAM ABOUT SELLING 20,000 SEASON TICKETS THEN WERE TALKING AH BOYS

Question regarding a player possibly leaving PAOK.

1st off, I want to mention that I think the best think for Greek soccer is the balance of the league. For this to happen all clubs need to have players that are good.

2nd off, this concerns CHRISTODOPOULOS. If he is as good as they say he is, I haven't seen him play on tv, I think it is best for the league that he plays for PAOK. However, PAOK needs money. Is it better for PAOK to sell him to pay off players and debts?

I say yes. It is hard to say a player go, but the fans need to see the big picture. Sell CHRISTODOPOULOS and with the money you get, you MUST buy 2-3 great young players. The money should not go into the pockets of the owners.

Within a few years, PAOK and other Greek teams will have a better financial situation and better concentrated talent.

So, back to my initial question. The best thing for PAOK this year is to keep CHRISTODOPOULOS. The best thing for PAOK's future is to sell CHRISTODOPOULOS.

What should PAOK do?

Christodoulopoulos just signed a new contract with PAOK. If any Greek team wants him it will cost them $5million euro. If there is a Greek team that is willing to pay that then I would let him go. If he goes outside of Greece the price if $4million.

But PAOK is full of young talent, probably more than any other team (simply because it is all we can afford). I personally don't think Christodoulopoulos will leave he will probably play another year with PAOK at least. He is a very good player and would be best if he went to Holland or Germany, would be a stupid move to move to another Greek team like that clown Salpigidi.

I know about his price tag.

The problem is he is not owrht it. Players in the weak Greek League are not worth it. When we make our league better we will get more money.

Look at Toure. Olympiakos sells him for something like 4 million, not Barcelona is willing to pay 15 million.

If PAOK decides to sell Christodoulopoulos, they will sell him for less. Much less. The 4 and 5 million Euro options in his contract are if the player himself wants to break the contract. I too believe that he will not be sold this sumer and that he will play for at least one more season for PAOK.

Dimitris Orfanos has agreed to join PAOK, and the only thing remaining is the official announcement.

Archived