Phantis Forums

Pao vs Xanthi

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More important game than the hype advertised derby.

PAO needs to win by at least 2 goals, without killing their chances of getting a point on Sunday.

It would be more fun to rip gauro in the final, again, but...

I love the CUP :tup:

PEACE

PAO needs to win by at least 2 goals, without killing their chances of getting a point on Sunday.

you mean 3 points. Were not going to waste time in Kokkaliskaki to tie, we are going to draw blood for next year. These players have played well, and seeing how they dominated last game, with added form, confidence and Ninis winning is very realistic .

We should achieve a good result, and hopefully ensure a spot in the final this Wednesday.

Xanthi has been sliding constantly and they are in clear danger of relegation, so I see them concentrating more to saving themselves than winning the cup.

Xanthi is playing Ionikos on Saturday and they have the second worst offensive production in both home and away games. They are tight defensively though, and at home they have only 2 goals against with zero defeats. Away Xanthi has 2 wins, 1 tie, and 8 losses.

They fired their coach Kofidis yesterday and hired Kehagias

For us, Ninis is out with an injury but otherwise our team is in good shape.

Obviously we cannot afford to sit back on this one. We've got to win it big and go to the final. I'm a firm believer in showing strength in every game, because a team rides high on success. I don't buy the argument, let's relax because we have a bigger game ahead. No, bad performances bring bad results and more bad performances and bad results!

Updated reports: Ninis made the 18, but Victor is out.

Reports indicate that Ninis will not start since he comes from an injury, but Victor's elimination is surprising given that he needed to see some playing time after his injury.

It looks like Munos does not care about names and only plays those who are most likely to contribute. Needless to say, compared with the beginning of htis season, players like Biscan, Andric, and Haralabidis have been replaced on the roster by Ninis, Theodoridis and Boutzikos, and the team is better for it.

Good luck to the team tomorrow. I hope it's a good game with many goals for us.

ERTworld will broadcast the game.

Reports indicate that Ninis will not start since he comes from an injury, but Victor's elimination is surprising given that he needed to see some playing time after his injury.

It looks like Munos does not care about names and only plays those who are most likely to contribute. Needless to say, compared with the beginning of htis season, players like Biscan, Andric, and Haralabidis have been replaced on the roster by Ninis, Theodoridis and Boutzikos, and the team is better for it.

Will Ninis be ready for the Oly game, it would be great to see how copes in the derby conditions! Great experience for him at such a young age too.

Will Ninis be ready for the Oly game, it would be great to see how copes in the derby conditions! Great experience for him at such a young age too.
I've heard on the radio that Ninis will not play against Xanthi, but that he will play against Olympiakos. I agree that it will be a great experience for him.

So far he has shown that he relishes the big games. His first game, against AEK, and against Lens count as such and he was great.

I've heard on the radio that Ninis will not play against Xanthi, but that he will play against Olympiakos. I agree that it will be a great experience for him.

So far he has shown that he relishes the big games. His first game, against AEK, and against Lens count as such and he was great.

I'm really excited about him re file! He's got so much talent and he's an exciting player! Plus with Domi being suspect defensively and Djole doing virtually no defending EVER, lol, Ninis could really have an impact! What's your view on him regarding the ethniki re file? I think talent wise he's certainly capable but he's still so young it could ruin him! Its such a delicate situation. But if he manages to take these types of games by the scruff of the neck Otto can't ignore him for long

I agree that he is a great talent, and if he keeps developing he will be a great asset for our NT. If he keeps playing at this level for another year he will be a great asset in a position that our NT is so lacking after the aging of Stelios.

So far from all the games I've seen he has impressed me not only with his football skills, but mostly with his football smarts and maturity for his age. It's obvious to me that he sees the field much clearer than others.

Your point about being such delicate situation is on the mark. If all the success goes to his head it can be detrimental to his development. I hope everyone goes easy on him. Someone said before that he should play his way up to the NT, and I agree. I have faith in Oto and I am sure he will handle this perfectly. We are also lucky that Munoz is his coach at PAO. A great player himself in his time with 60 cups with the Spanish NT can emanate good authority for a young player like Ninis.

no matter who plays tomorrow, i think pao will come out on top. this is their big game this season. Trophy wise i mean. OBVIOUSLY the biggest game is on sunday.

No matter where you are in the table, ofsp -pao games are where the money is at.

More so then aek-osfp or even aek-pao.

as far as tomorrows game goes, i say 2-0.

We have missed wayyyyyy too many chances up front!!!! Our def was very shaky in the last few minutes what else is new ;) I would change Salpi for Mantzios he misses way too many chances and I would start Mantzios for the OLY game as well, watching Salpi play is like Gekas all over again except Salpi he misses allot more chances before he puts in a goal.

We have missed wayyyyyy too many chances up front!!!! Our def was very shaky in the last few minutes what else is new ;) I would change Salpi for Mantzios he misses way too many chances and I would start Mantzios for the OLY game as well, watching Salpi play is like Gekas all over again except Salpi he misses allot more chances before he puts in a goal.

you kidding me man? salpi plays very well.... pap doesnt look so good....

Archived