Phantis Forums

Cyprus International Tournament 2007

dark_horse

I KIPROS EINAI KAVLA!!!!!!!! If only some of the players were eligible to play for Greece (Kostantinou, Okkas, Aloneftis and Haralambidis) would all contribute massively to the team:

---------------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

Seitaridis-------------------Kyriakos------------------Goumas---------------------Fyssas

Patsa-----------------------Katsouranis-----------------Basinas--------------------Okkas

-----------------------------Konstantinou---------------Stelios-----------------------------

And our young players will consist of Aloneftis, Bidis, Torosidis, Makridis, Samaras, Papastathopoulos, Ninis and Pappas!

:tup:

Back to reality... Cyprus will beat Bugaria 2-1 also!

The problem w/ Cyprus my friend is that they have a decent attacking duo but behind them they lack lots ot technical and lots of skill.

What they need to concentrate on is defending because they can score.

No matter what the game vs Bulgaria was a total loss it was like watching boys vs men..

concentrate on getting positive results Cyprus and move up in the FIFA rankings

The problem w/ Cyprus my friend is that they have a decent attacking duo but behind them they lack lots ot technical and lots of skill.

What they need to concentrate on is defending because they can score.

No matter what the game vs Bulgaria was a total loss it was like watching boys vs men..

concentrate on getting positive results Cyprus and move up in the FIFA rankings

I disagree, I watch Cyprus alot, Okkas, Haralambidi, Alonefti, and Makridi are all very good technically & Konstantinou is a real handful up front. The problem isnt a lack of technique or skill but defensive dominance. Look at Nicolau as an example (centre-back) plays football like a midfielder (similar to Dellas) but he isnt a great defender. If Cyprus sit back they are unable to withstand pressure, Cyprus are most effective when they go forward. Against Spain (3-2), Wales (1-0), Germany (1-1), Ireland (5-2), Hungary (2-1), etc, they attacked. When they lost 5-1 away to Slovakia, 3-1 away to Wales, etc its because they sit back and try to defend. We need to get that natural, fearless attacking instict that they have at home for away games too.

Archived