Phantis Forums

PAO - Panionios

MadBoy13

Ninis is for real.

Great goal too. He run from the right, faked a couple of players on his way to the middle of the field and delivered a very nice, control-shot with the left to beat the outstreched goalkeeper.

With this goal he became the youngest player to score, breaking the record held by Mavros for thirty years!

added: 73' Munoz punched the bench and broke it after an errant pass by one of our defenders :box:

Ninis is for real.

Great goal too. He run from the right, faked a couple of players on his way to the middle of the field and delivered a very nice, control-shot with the left to beat the outstreched goalkeeper.

With this goal he became the youngest player to score, breaking the record held by Mavros for thirty years!

added: 73' Munoz punched the bench and broke it after an errant pass by one of our defenders :box:

i missed this one.. BRAVO NINIS...

as for the punchng of the bench, that has Vyntra written all over it

That's a destruction I approve of! :LOL:

You can see this guy really cares. Yes, and the players get the message! The coach doesn't like stupid play.

Good game by everyone and a comfortable win. We had a couple of periods when we looked overly relaxed and Panionios could had scored, but we had control of the game. Panionios looked like a good team, with disciplined play and some skilled players, but without much offense.

Most important for me, the players looked like they were enjoying the game and played without stress. Athough we need a lot of improvement, we look like we are in a very good path.

The team as a whole seems to be handling the "Ninis" phenomenon very well. Ninis himself plays and acts more mature than his actual age and everyone is supportive, protective, and excited about him. He got a standing ovation when he was substituted and received many warm hugs from the bench.

About the players today, here are my thoughts:

Galinovich had an excellent game and saved us on a couple of difficult situations.

Nilsson had a good first half but looked out of sorts in the second period.

Goumas was his usual good self and cleared with authority whenever the ball came to his area.

Morris was the best player today, even though we were not pressed on defense. He plugged every hole on defense, and was virtually mistake-free the entire game.

Vintra has been often criticized for his shaky play, but he seems to have been reborn as a LB. He looked good today with decisive stops on defense. He also advanced the ball quickly forward and pressed high when needed.

Tziolis had an ok game with some good plays like the assist to Salpigidis, and many times when he found himself out of position.

Leontiou seemed to struggle today, especially as he had many errant passes forward. He just seems to over-think and try to make every forward pass an assist. Not bad, except most of the difficult passes he tries never make it to our forwards. Maybe he needs to simplify his game a little.

Romero had a quiet game, with a better first half (playing on the left) than a second half. He seems very reluctant, or unable to push the ball forward quickly from his side.

Ninis on the other hand has been very good every time I've seen him play. He holds his position very well, keeping both the midfielder and the defender busy on his side, and he picks the right moments to dart forward when he finds space. His crosses are good, his dribbling excellent, and most surprising, his defensive play is well above average for a skilled player. Today he was very good once again, and the goal he made is what we have been expecting from our RM for many many years.

Salpigidis fought hard and scored after a long time. He was always well defended and it's nice to see that other players now take the initiative on offense.

Mantzios did a very good job on offense, moving behind Salpigidis and holding the ball enough to allow midfielders to move forward.

Biscan replaced Tziolis 55 minutes into the game and looked way slower than everyone else.

and it was the first time I was puzzled by a Munoz substitution. But I think Munoz if very in-tune with his players and wanted to rest Tziolis who has played a lot of games and has done a lot of running on midfield. Looking at the roster, there was no other midfielder on the bench that we would be happy with anyway.

Ivanschitz replaced Ninis and was ok, but did not do anything to advance the ball from the left at first, or from the right later in the game.

Papadopoulos came in for Mantzios and played more as an OM than an SS, He had a few long range shots but generally he showed that Munoz does well to start Mantzios. Maybe he is still recovering from his injury.

Munoz once again fielded a very good team, and overall he seems to prefer the quick, agile players. He definitely hates errant passes and players who are out of position and he makes sure they know about it. With Munoz we look much more like a *team*, and his work seems to pay off. He gave an interview last week and expressed his respect for Panathinaikos. He believes in the team's history, he does not underestimate or overestimate his players or the opponents, he adopts to every opponent, and has transformed the team for the better so far. He is the least responsible for falling behind in the superleague, and as far as I am concerned he is the right person to lead the team forward. Give him a two-year contract, buy the players he wants, and let him work.

Notable stats:

Ninis' was the 6th goal by a midfielder this year. This is definitely an area to improve. If we can milk 4-5 goals by each midfielder per season we would be in good shape.

Ninis became the younger player to score in the history of the first division. Mavros of Panionios was the record holder up to today, and if Ninis manages half the success Mavros achieved in his career Greek football will have made a giant step forward. (added: this might not be accurate. See FastGreek's post above).

This was the fourth superleague game we have not conceded a goal.

Galinovich played in three of these games to improve his scoring frequency to 33% (Ebede started well, but fell to conceding at least one goal in 46% of the games he played).

This was the 7th game we managed to score more than once, in a total of 19 games.

Next game is against Paok 31-1-07 at 21:45 Greek time for the Greek cup. We lost the first game 2-1 so we need a win to advance.

Ninis is for real.

added: 73' Munoz punched the bench and broke it    after an errant pass by one of our defenders  :box:

i missed this one.. BRAVO NINIS...

as for the punchng of the bench, that has Vyntra written all over it

I think it was Nilsson.

Archived